We are looking to recruit a highly motivated and enthusiastic Specialist - Homelessness & Housing Options officer, as we continue our positive work preventing homelessness and ending rough sleeping in the area.
The role will provide maternity cover, 37 hours per week, for up to 12 months within the Specialist Housing team.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate with a range of skills, knowledge of the Housing Act 1996 (as amended) and experience of working in a local authority setting.
Reporting directly to the Homelessness, Advice & Allocations Lead, the successful candidate will need experience of delivering housing options / homelessness advice to customers who are at risk of becoming homeless or who may be homeless.
You will be required to demonstrate knowledge and experience of the folllowing:
- Knowledge and application of homelessness legislation and case law
- providing excellent customer service
- working in partnership with other agencies and providers
- effectively managing a complex and at times high caseload
- dealing with people in difficult situations who may present with challenging behaviour
- knowledge of welfare benefits
- ability to work as part of a team
- good organisational skills with the ability to take the initiative
- excellent interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with people at all levels
- flexible approach with a can do attitude
The role requires you to have the ability to travel to locations which are not accessible by public transport.
An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful applicant prior to appointment.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact John Baldwin on 01483 444245 or Siobhan Kennedy on 01483 444 247.
Guildford is a regional centre for leisure, business, education, shopping and culture set in beautiful countryside that includes the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Guildford is a thriving market town and is a principal shopping destination with a vibrant night time economy. The town’s geographical location provides excellent transport links in all directions, London is just 30 minutes away on the train and the town is well-served by frequent bus routes and subsidised Park and Ride facilities. All of this contributes to a quality of life that attracts many people to live, work in and visit Guildford.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and post-holders to share this commitment. To fulfil this commitment we have robust systems in place for the safe recruitment of staff and volunteers.