Starting Salary: £41,361
Job Grade: Level 4, Zone 1
Work Location: 5 Pancras Square, London N1C 4AG
Hours per week: 36
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing date: Sunday 23rd October 2022 at 23:59
Interviews to be held: TBC
Alternative flexible working options available / open to discussion
** AGENCY STAFF, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY **
Camden is building somewhere everyone can thrive, by making our borough the best place to live, work, study and visit. Because we’re not just home to the UK’s fast-growing economy. We’re home to the most important conversations happening today. And we’re making radical social change a reality, so that nobody gets left behind. This is an exciting time to join Camden as a Cyber Security Engineer.
As a critical member of our Cyber Security Team, you will help us drive a culture of information security in everything that we do across the Council by providing relevant support, advice, and guidance. As a Cyber Security Engineer, you will support the Security Operations team by being responsible for the ongoing monitoring, analysis, escalation, and response to alerts generated by the various security systems such as Security Information & Event Management (SIEM), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) and Intrusion Detection & Prevention (IDP).
You will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and improvements to the security controls of the organisation and carry out administrative changes to Camden’s security systems, responding to requests from Camden colleagues and partners while ensuring adherence to expected SLAs.
Some of these tasks include but not limited to:
• Actively monitoring and reviewing security system logs
• Analysing and responding to anomalous behaviour, escalating appropriately when needed
• Ensuring security coverage and efficiency
• Act as a security evangelist by providing advice to the organisation and ensuring that security standards are understood and complied with
• Ensure a strong and efficient security coverage with continuous maintenance and troubleshooting of security systems
• Performing administration tasks and changes on Camden systems related to:
o Firewall policies
o Cloud access policies
o Anti-malware policies
o Vulnerability scanning
o Email Protection policies (anti-spam, anti-phishing)
• Conducting regular reviews of application requests from Camden colleagues to ensure our data remains secure
• Researching and evaluating emerging cyber security threats
• Coaching and assisting in training of junior members of the team
• Lead investigations into alerts generated by various security systems as well as by other reporting means in Camden
• Maintaining and improving on existing documentation
• Working to maintain regulatory requirements through audit remediation / support, Vulnerability scans, penetration testing and remediation where appropriate
• Develop cutting-edge playbooks and detection use-cases, using industry best-practice, threat intelligence and detections frameworks
• Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines related to security tools and technologies
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and will require an Enhanced DBS.
To find out more about what it is like to work at Camden, meet some of our People by visiting 'www.camdenjobs.co.uk/our-stories'.
Camden is on a journey to transform our digital experiences through the use of cloud technology. To be a successful Cyber Security Engineer, you will need to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, as well as maintaining a professional, security-focused approach to all tasks. You will ensure that you keep up to date with current threat trends and use that to the benefit of our organisation and its goals.
You will be a good problem solver who can work on your initiative and with others to identify creative and innovative solutions. You will also be adaptable and flexible in your approach to work and have excellent organisational skills to manage a varied workload.
You will have relevant professional certifications and experience to demonstrate your capabilities and fit for the role.
In line with Camden’s Agile Working approach, there is an expectation that the post holder will split their time between working in the office and working at home as appropriate for their role. You are expected to work core hours between Monday – Friday.
Working for Camden
We’re ready to welcome your ideas, your views, and your rebellious spirit. Help us redefine our corporate services, and we’ll redefine what a career can be.
At Camden, you’ll receive a host of benefits as well as joining a flexible working employer. Visit 'www.camdenjobs.co.uk/staff-benefits' to see full details of our benefits.
To view the Job Profile, please click HERE or copy and paste the below URL into your browser: http://camdocs.camden.gov.uk/HPRMWebDrawer/Record/9740223/file/document?inline
To apply for this job please follow the "Apply" link. In the ‘Why you?’ section of the application you will be required to demonstrate how you meet the role criteria noted in the Job Profile under the “About You” section.
Inclusion and Diversity
We want Camden Council to be a great place to work and to ensure that our communities are represented across our workforce. A vital part of this is ensuring we are a truly inclusive organisation that encourages diversity in all respects, including diversity of thinking. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and those of Other Ethnicities, LGBT+, disabled and neurodiverse communities to make a real difference to our residents so that equalities and justice remains at the heart of everything we do.
To discover more about Camden and our commitment towards diversity, equality and safeguarding, please visit our recruitment website or copy and paste the below URL into your browser: https://www.camdenjobs.co.uk/inclusion-and-diversity
Asking for Adjustments
Camden is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as accessible as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for disabled people, neurodiverse people or people with long-term health conditions. If you would like us to do anything differently during the application, interview or assessment process, including providing information in an alternative format, please contact us on 020 7974 6655, at email@example.com or post to 5 Pancras Square, London, N1C 4AG.