Employer: St Nicholas Catholic High School
Salary: Grade 7 £24,491 to £27,741 pro rata per annum Location: St Nicholas Catholic High School
Working Pattern: Term Time (39 weeks) / 3 days per week (22.5 hours)
DBS Check: Enhanced
Closing Date: 10/10/2022 at 9am
Learning Mentor – This is a part time, permanent position to commence as soon as possible.
Application deadline: Monday 10 October 2022 at 9am
Interviews: Week Commencing Monday 10 October 2022
Are you a caring, enthusiastic and hardworking individual who is looking for a challenging and rewarding role as a Learning Mentor?
As a Learning Mentor at St Nicholas Catholic High School, you will support students to maximise their academic potential through a range of emotional, behavioural and pastoral support strategies.
The successful candidate will work with a team of staff that undertakes a wide range of pastoral responsibilities within the school: Working 1 to 1 with students and liaising with outside agencies, supporting teaching and learning by making referrals and supporting students with barriers to learning.
As the ideal candidate, you will:
* Have the ability to engage constructively with, and build working relationships with, a wide range of young people and their families
* Have the ability to work effectively as part of a team with teaching staff and outside agencies
* Have the experience of supporting students with mental health, social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
* Have a willingness to manage your own time effectively, work flexibly and use their own initiative
Applicants should be fully supportive of the School’s Catholic foundation and Christian ethos.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
How to apply
Thank you for your interest in our job vacancy. If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please complete the application as fully as possible and explain any gaps in your employment history. We will require names and addresses of two referees, and a concise letter of application, this should include the following:
1. A brief outline of what you have achieved in your present post
2. A statement about why you want this job
3. An indication of the strengths and expertise you could offer the school
We would like to understand more about how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the job description and person specification for the role.
Completed applications should be returned to the HR Officer, Mrs Dawn Poole at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrive no later than 9am on Monday 10 October 2022
Please note we are happy to hold pre-arranged visits of the school for prospective candidates before short-listing has taken place. Also if you wish to have an informal discussion about the post in advance of your application, or if you require any further details, please contact Mrs Dawn Poole at email@example.com or 01606 706020.