Stores and Purchasing Supervisor
Housing Maintenance and Asset Management
Full-time, 37 hours per week
NS8 £24,920 - £26,446 per annum (pay award pending)
We are now recruiting for a Stores and Purchasing Supervisor to join our Stores team. In this role, you support the Assistant Business Manager - Housing Maintenance and Asset Management in the procurement and management of the Housing Maintenance Service by effectively leading the Stores team and working with associated suppliers and contractors to provide high quality materials and service agreements which ensure a customer-orientated, value for money service. You will also ensure all tools are tested and compliant, that all substances are stored according to COSHH and ensure that all areas of the site are fit and ready for purpose as well as provide advice, as required, regarding certain purchasing to other teams within the Council.
You will undertake a range of duties including (but not limited to):
- Maintaining the security, safety and inventory of the Stores warehouse and stock
- Leading and managing the procurement and management of goods and services following a tendering and procurement process
- Supervising a small team in Stores including providing training to the team and other relevant stakeholders where required
- Ensuring the Stores service is managed and resourced appropriately
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant procedures and policies including health and safety, financial regulations, procurement regulations etc
We can offer a competitive salary, and, in addition, you’ll enjoy the benefits of flexible and agile working, a generous holiday allowance that increases with service, discounted gym membership and a very competitive occupational pension. In addition, you will be joining a professional and experienced team who are passionate about supporting the Council to deliver a high level of service to tenants.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have demonstrable experience working within a Stores environment
- Have experience of supervising a team
- Have experience of building maintenance materials, parts, and equipment
- Have experience of a range of procurement / purchasing methods
- Hold a CIPS or other relevant qualification (part qualified candidates will be considered dependent upon experience)
- Can work to deadlines with an organised and motivated approach
- Have effective negotiating and influencing skills
For more information, or for an informal discussion about the role, please contact Steven Stone on 01636 655220 or at email@example.com
Veterans/family of forces/ex-forces, those in care/care leavers, and candidates who declare a disability (as defined under the Equality Act 2010) will be guaranteed an interview provided they have demonstrated that they meet the essential criteria of the post as detailed in the Person Specification on their application form.
Closing Date: 12 noon Monday 10th October 2022
Interview: Week Commencing Monday 17th October 2022