We are investing in an improved Library Service. To provide better opportunities for our residents.
We are always looking for better ways of doing things. How can we make the most of our digital and ICT resources and create more opportunities for Libraries to be used out of hours? Create exciting spaces that our residents want to spend time in? These are just some of the things you could be looking at when you join us. You're going to have a big impact on what we do, so you'll be trusted to take ownership of your work. There'll always be room for your ideas here and having the opportunities to learn, develop and progress.
Put simply, a career with us means having everything you need to build on your skills. To build better relationships. To build even better communities.
Because we're Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team…
This is an exciting time to join Bracknell Forest Libraries as we are rolling out Open+ technology to extend opening hours, rather like 24-hour gyms, in all 9 Libraries. You will be joining a team of 36 staff plus volunteers, committed to providing digital and ICT support to our customers, offering a wide-ranging events' programme and providing an excellent service to all of our customers.
The post-holder will work 37 hours per week, based in Bracknell Library, alongside other frontline staff and volunteers. The hours of work are:
Weeks 1 and 2:
Mon - 9 am to 5 pm
Tue - 9 am to 7 pm
Thu - 9 am to 5 pm
Fri - 9 am to 7 pm
Sat - 9 am to 4 pm
Mon - 9 am to 5 pm
Tue - 9.30 am to 7 pm
Wed - 9.30 am to 1 pm
Thu - 9 am - to 5 pm
Fri - 9 am to 7 pm
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Provide a high quality service to the public via all service points within Bracknell Forest Borough Council, answering information enquiries in person, by telephone, and digitally, and to support customers in the use of ICT / printing facilities.
- Supporting customers in the use of all ICT / digital resources, assisting with queries and access issues, being able to communicate in an empathetic manner, with the ability to trouble shoot their problem, from basic IT hardware problems such as issues with printers and scanners to assisting with complex ICT queries and network issues and providing user training sessions.
- Assisting with the testing and rollout of Open+ technology.
- Assisting with the selection of e-resources and evaluating their use.
- To support and contribute to the development of Libraries Connected's Universal Offers i.e. the Health and Wellbeing Offer, Reading Offer, Information and Digital Offer and Culture and Creativity Offer, with particular emphasis on developing a programme of digital activities and events for people of all ages, in line with the Library and Information Service's strategic vision and the Council's wider objectives.
- Seek alternative sources of funding e.g. from the Arts Council, and preparing applications for funding.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for…
A professionally qualified Librarian, or someone with a relevant technical or ICT background, you will be skilled and knowledgeable in the use of ICT and digital resources, confident in engaging with customers of all ages, training end users, and talking / presenting to groups.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 27th October 2022.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name Fiona Atkinson
Job Title Library Services Manager
Phone Number 01344 352153
As part of the Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.