We are seeking a skilled Contracts and Procurement Lawyer for a permanent position in our local authority legal team, which serves two major councils in the South East.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and qualified Contracts and Procurement lawyer to join our well regarded and friendly team on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate must be qualified to practice as a Solicitor, Barrister or Chartered Legal Executive in England and Wales. The post can be offered on a full-time or part-time basis and includes the ability to work flexible hours and working patterns. The post has the ability to work from anywhere in the UK, with an expectation to attend the council offices in Eastbourne and Lewes intermittently.
The successful candidate will support colleagues and clients by providing legal advice on all aspects of the councils’ procurement and be responsible for the provision of legal advice across the councils’ commercial, development and regeneration activities. Responsibilities will include:
- Providing advice and support in respect of procurement, in particular, key legal and commercial principles, invitation to tender documents, contract terms, strategic approach and the evaluation and moderation process;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts relating to goods and services and construction (works) contracts
- Providing advice and support in connection with grant related matters, including government funded projects and local funding to third parties.
- Advising on the councils’ legal and commercial dealings with its subsidiary companies
- Advising on and commenting on committee and policy reports
Salary: up to £56,760 per annum depending on skills and experience.
There is a substantial benefits package included such as:
- Local Government pension
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave entitlement up to 29 days after 5 years of service
- Learning and development training tailored to your role
- A wide variety of staff support networks including access to a wellbeing network, staff discounts and more.
We operate a paperless office and use secure case management systems to allow co-ordinated remote access to our files and accurate time-recording information. Our lawyers are supported by a dedicated practice manager and have access to the leading precedent and know-how resources.
This is a brilliant and rare opportunity to join a well-run, professional and welcoming legal team. The two authorities are recognised for their involvement with high profile events such as the Eastbourne International Tennis Tournament and Airbourne, and major commercial activities stemming from the Newhaven Town Deal and Levelling Up Fund. The legal team’s advice extends also to the authorities’ housing and waste companies, and to a significant capital development programme.
For those interested in relocating, the Lewes and Eastbourne areas are much sought after, with vibrant economic, cultural and recreational facilities, as well as easy travel to/from London.
Closing date: Friday 21 October, midday.