Edmund Waller Primary School Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
We are looking to appoint a Higher-Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to join us at Edmund Waller, starting as soon as possible.
The School is looking to appoint a HLTA to work under the guidance of the Senior Leadership Team, Teachers and Phase Leads within a structured system of supervision, assisting in whole planning cycle and management/preparation of resources, and providing cover for whole classes
occasionally during the short-term absence of teachers.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a permanent position, 35 hours per week, term time only. Initially the post will be based in the nursery, so an NNEB Level 3 - or equivalent - is essential. Going forward, there is the likelihood of working in other phases across the school.
In addition, the successful candidate will:
- promote and safeguard the welfare of children
- be highly organised, proactive, flexible and adaptable
- be reliable, resourceful and responsible
- have the initiative to self-manage and prioritise workloads effectively
- Assess the needs of the pupils and use specialist (curricular/learning) skills/training/experience to support pupils
- Assist with the development and implementation of ILPs
- Implement agreed learning activities/teaching programmes, adjusting activities according to pupil responses/needs
- Deliver literacy and numeracy programmes and make effective use of opportunities provided by other learning activities to support the development of literacy and numeracy skills
- Support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop pupils' competence and independence in its use
- Help pupils to access learning activities through specialist support
- Determine the need for, prepare and maintain general and specialist equipment resources
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom
- Support pupils consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs
- Encourage pupils to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all pupils in activities
- Promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self-reliance
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement.
- Work with the teacher to establish an appropriate learning environment
- Work with the teacher in lesson planning, evaluating and adjusting lessons/work plans as appropriate
- Monitor and evaluate pupils' responses to learning activities through observation and planned recording of achievement against pre-determined learning objectives
- Provide objective and accurate feedback and reports as required, to the teacher on pupil achievement, progress and other matters, ensuring the availability of appropriate evidence
- Be responsible for keeping and updating records as agreed with the teacher, contributing to reviews of systems/records as requested
- Undertake marking of pupils' work and accurately record achievement / progress
- Promote positive values, attitudes and good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour
- Liaise sensitively and effectively with parents/carers as agreed with the teacher within your role/responsibility and participate in feedback sessions/meetings with parents with, or as directed
The position is on Scale 5 (points 13-15) £27,498 to £28,497, pro rata (approximately £2,509 per month gross).
If you are interested in this position and think you have the right skills and experience, then please contact the school for an application form, which should be completed and emailed to email@example.com (Please note CVs will not be accepted.)
The closing date for applications is 11 October at 4pm. Interviews will be held as soon as possible after this date.
Edmund Waller Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. An enhanced disclosure and satisfactory references will be required for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education legislation.
Edmund Waller Primary School is committed to equal opportunities both in the provision of its services and as an employer.
Edmund Waller Primary School
Telephone: 020 7639 0436