Waltham Forest is a fiercely ambitious council, adapting to meet the ever-changing demands and pressures on our public services. Driven by our sense of the place and its people, we constantly develop and evolve.
The Covid-19 pandemic accelerated our digital transformation and the speed of innovation within many of our essential services, however it also severely challenged our residents’ health, family life and economic prospects. We are determined to take concerted action to challenge the inequalities that hold back too many residents. We see Digital Inclusion as a key enabler of resilience during the cost-of-living crisis, our newly launched Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy, and a central pillar in our response to health inequalities.
Following an in-depth programme of research and engagement, we are now launching an ambitious Digital Inclusion Strategy and action plan to tackle the personal, structural, and financial barriers that prevent our residents from thriving in an increasingly digital world. We are looking for a motivated and committed leader to launch, implement and grow our Digital Inclusion strategy.
You will manage the direct design and delivery of initiatives and work with internal and external delivery partners to implement newly funded initiatives and ways of working. You will have excellent stakeholder management, strategic thinking and robust project management skills. You will monitor progress against agreed targets and use insights to improve and adjust plans to maximise impact.
This role is for two years and reports into the Assistant Director for Digital Innovation and Delivery, in our Digital Innovations and Customer Experience team. The post-holder will be required to demonstrate the impact of digital inclusion in tackling inequalities in the borough and build sustainability for initiatives going forward.
Key skills and experience required for this role are:
- Experience of policy and service design in central, local government, public body or third sector organisation.
- Experience leading and delivering complex programmes of work across multiple teams and contributing to multiple strategic priorities.
- Experience of creating new coalitions of individuals across organisational boundaries to work collaboratively on common objectives, and delivering measurable results from this partnership working
- Deep understanding of social inequalities, digital inclusion and effective strategic responses.
- Experience of working effectively with voluntary and community groups and how this differs to other sectors
This is an exciting time to join the Digital team as we invest in our innovative and user-centred digital services to deliver excellent, inclusive customer experiences and improve service outcomes.
To learn more about the role please contact Hannah Owen, email@example.com.