Peabody operates a hybrid working model. While the role will be predominantly home based, the successful applicant will be required to work from our offices as and when needed.
We are looking for a customer focused IT Business Analyst (BA), experienced in Agile delivery, to join our IT Business Analysis team. We have a number of exciting projects focused on integration and transforming the way we work through digital modernising. As an IT BA you will work with various products in both our existing and new technology space, so you will need to be proactive, tenacious and adaptable. We need a highly capable IT BA who is organised, able to thrive under pressure regardless of project methodology and is comfortable engaging with both business stakeholders and technical teams. The role provides a fantastic opportunity to make a lasting impact on our organisation as we work to bring colleagues from Peabody and Catalyst together while delivering transformational digital change. Working in a hybrid environment presents its own challenges, so strong stakeholder relationships and collaborative working will be key for this role. The ability to creatively engage and challenge business users while gather requirements, understanding and assessing challenges and identifying solutions will be critical.
The day-to-day role will involve understanding business needs, eliciting and analysing requirements and translating them into technical specifications, through collaboration with our solutions delivery teams. You will be a self-sufficient self-starter, adept at working in a fast-paced environment and able to effectively embed yourself within an in-flight project in order to deliver high quality outputs at pace. You will be required to quickly develop your knowledge of our existing systems, but also of available technologies, to ensure that final solutions are fit for purpose, meet business requirements and are in line with the organisation’s enterprise architecture.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience of various project methodologies, including the Scrum delivery method and Waterfall
- Experience applying Agile techniques, such as User Stories and writing Acceptance Criteria
- Demonstrable business analysis skills, such as business process mapping, systems and data analysis, process modelling and the production of high-quality written documentation
- Significant experience eliciting and managing both business software requirements as part of a wider delivery team
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Proven experience of working collaboratively with stakeholders
- The ability to drive and challenge business users and delivery teams in the specification, design, and delivery of fit for purpose solutions
- A persuasive and articulate communicator with a passion for delivery, who can communicate business analysis concepts and related matters to a broad range of technical and non-technical colleagues
- An aptitude for attention to detail and the ability to control and manage a multitude of tasks in parallel
- Strong interpersonal, written and presentation skills, including facilitation and negotiation skills, situational awareness and conflict resolution
- A team player with a passion for best practice and skilled in working within a collaborative environment working across matrixed teams in projects
- BCS Diploma in Business Analysis or ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis
- Previous experience working in the social housing sector
- University graduate preferred, ideally in Computer Science or Information Technology
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.