This is an exceptional opportunity to join our team as a Deputy Headteacher at St Mary's Catholic Primary.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational Deputy Headteacher, who can support the Headteacher in strategically leading and managing the school.
The successful candidate will be expected to lead staff in continuing to raise standards and have a shared responsibility for the overall effectiveness, in providing the highest quality of education for all our pupils. Please see the job description below for more detail of what the role entails.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
The successful candidate will:
- be a practising Catholic, committed to the ethos and vision of Catholic education and able to nurture faith and spirituality;
- be an outstanding class teacher, passionate in developing high standards and striving for excellence;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- have the ability to lead, motivate and inspire staff and children to achieve the highest standards;
- have experience of strategic planning and leadership;
- have a strong commitment to their own learning and professional development.
We can offer you:
- a caring, welcoming school and parish community with a strong Catholic ethos;
- children who are motivated, eager to learn, happy and well-behaved;
- committed, hardworking, supportive staff and governing body;
- exceptional opportunities for professional development, to empower you to lead and innovate;
- a clear vision for school development;
- a well-resourced and rich learning environment.
St Mary’s is committed to safeguarding pupils, any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references, health check and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check (for Children and Vulnerable Adults) and proof of right to work in the UK. This position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. We are an equal opportunities employer.
A copy of the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy can be found below.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed by prior arrangement with the School Office. Please contact the School Office - 01634855783.