AUDIT AND GOVERNANCE COMMITTEE – INDEPENDENT MEMBER
WOULD YOU LIKE TO SERVE AS AN INDEPENDENT MEMBER ON SEFTON COUNCIL’S AUDIT AND GOVERNANCE COMMITTEE?
This is a unique opportunity to be involved in an important aspect of local government.
Sefton Council is looking for a member of the public to become an Independent Member serving on its Audit and Governance Committee.
An Independent Member is an advisory position which is designed to provide a further level of independence and objectivity to assist the Committee in effectively discharging its role by providing advice and scrutiny on matters relating to the Council’s arrangements for audit, risk management and governance.
As in Independent Member serving on the Audit and Governance Committee you must:
- Commit to attend and constructively participate in scheduled and ad hoc meetings of the Audit and Governance Committee.
- Undertake thorough preparation for meetings through careful consideration of all agenda reports and documents.
- Question senior officers on issues arising from committee papers with due regard to the role of the Committee.
- Adopt and demonstrate a politically neutral perspective in questions asked and the general contribution to the work of the
- Apply relevant skills and experiences to add value and depth to the work of the committee
- Commit to personal development in the role.
- Commit to attending training sessions in accordance with agreed development
- Sign and abide by the Code of Conduct for Co-opted Members.
- Conduct yourself with the highest levels of integrity, openness and honesty.
- Not be a member of a political party.
- Not have served as a Councillor or Officer for Sefton Council or one Sefton’s parish councils or have been the spouse or civil partner of a local Councillor or Officer for at least 5 years.
This is not a paid position but reasonable travel expenses will be payable.
An application pack containing information on this position can be obtained from Ruth Appleby – Democratic Services Officer on 0151 934 2181 or by email - email@example.com