Birmingham Children’s Trust is going from strength to strength. We are the largest provider of family support and social care services for children, young people and families in the country. Our goal is to become a centre of excellence in both social care and family support. By choosing to work for us, you will be part of a supportive, dynamic service contributing to our service improvement journey to ‘Outstanding’.
We have two exciting opportunities within our Business Support Service for self-motivated Business Support Assistants providing essential support to our practice staff members. The Service is currently in a period of redesign given a changing environment, ways of working and to better support the achievement of better outcomes for children and families.
You will play an important role in the effective day to day running of the service we are looking for people who are well organised; have good attention to detail and who can work to and meet tight deadlines; you must be able to work effectively within a team environment, be customer and child focused and be able to deliver the role with a flexible approach.
You will be a ‘can-do' person, who is passionate about high quality service delivery and performance. You will be able to work effectively within a dedicated team environment, be customer focused and able to deliver the role with a flexible approach.
Key skills we will be looking for in your personal statement include:
- An ability to support meetings, including the provision of note taking and recording of actions, as requested by the business
- Attention to detail with an ability to work accurately e.g. literacy and numeracy
- Ability to work on own initiative with a pro-active approach to all tasks to ensure business objectives are met
- An ability to work flexibly as part of a diverse team environment, providing cover when needed to ensure continuity of service provision, and the ability to multi-task to cover other roles within the team
- Experience of dealing with several conflicting and changing priorities effectively to achieve business objectives
- Provide front facing welcome, meet and greet for families and professionals (for Pathfinder role only)
As stated, we have two roles available.
Role 1 – Providing Business Support as part of our Early Help & Prevention BSS Team. Office address is 1 Lancaster Circus, Queensway, Birmingham, B4 7DJ
For this role we are currently working in a hybrid way (part office, part working from home)
For further details please contact Janey Hodgetts, Team Leader – email@example.com, 07510 370203 or to discuss the role with someone who is currently undertaking a similar role you can contact Hayley Roe via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Role 2 – Providing Business Support for the Birmingham Pathfinder project based in the office everyday Mon-Fri (times to be confirmed). Office address is St Nicolas Place, 81 The Green, Kings Norton, Birmingham, B38 8RU
The Pathfinder project offers sustained family support and multi-agency interventions through schools, supporting not just the child, but their whole family. After a successful pilot stage, the project is now being mobilised across a whole district in the South of the City. To further develop this work, we are recruiting a Pathfinder Business Support Assistant. This post will involve working closely with Pathfinder staff based at the address above, as well as helping our school-based staff. This role will also be front facing to welcome and receive families who visit us at St Nicolas Place. All Pathfinder work is driven by key values of Share Authority, Nurture and Commitment to Social Justice; and it is important these values are at the heart of your practice.
For informal enquiries regarding this Pathfinder role, please contact Rob McCabe, Head of Service on 07954 169503 or via email email@example.com
IMPORTANT: Please could you indicate which role you would like to be considered for or whether you are interested in either
Concerning both roles….
What you can expect from us:
- Being part of a positive, supportive, ‘can-do’ service and wider Trust
- We are a forward thinking, innovative organisation, proactive in delivering the most optimum services for our children, young people and wider local community
- Career development opportunities
- Regular development discussions
And some of the benefits of working for us, click HERE for more about our offer
- Mental health / emotional support – 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Hybrid model of remote working where able and post determined
- 29 days holiday on joining, plus bank holidays. This increases to 32 days after five years’ service, and then 34 days after ten years’ service
- Generous contributory pension scheme
The campaign closes on: 30.11.2022
Interviews will be held: 15.12.2022 - In person interviews at St Nicolas Place, 81 The Green, Kings Norton, Birmingham, B38 8RU