Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
This is a key role within the Operational Assests team and part of the team responsible for the safety of LBH High rise buildings. You will work closely with the Building safety Manager, ensuring that high rise buildings are effectively maintain, managed and monitored in line with the requirements of the Building Safety Bill. Working closely with tenancy management and planned works teams to ensure that residents and works programs are effectively managed and delivered to maintain building safety. The role will be responsible for assessment and compliance with current legislation and advice from central government and statutory bodies, ensuring that the team maintain the golden thread of building safety information
You will be a member of a highly focused and safety driven team, who delivers on safety within a significant housing asset. You will work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve the requirement building safety standards as required of the "Building Safety Bill and its associated regulations and Guidance. You will have experience in the field of Building safety and able to demonstrate a detailed understanding of the bill. You will have a technical background and have the ability to work with colleagues to ensure that any planned works activities do not impact on the safety of high-risk buildings.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.