- Employer: North Somerset Council - Childrens Services
- Reference: SSWE0822
- Published: Thu 25/05/2023, 12:15 PM
- Closing on: Fri 30/06/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £38,296 to £43,516 per annum
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: North Somerset, Weston -super- Mare
Senior Social Worker - Children's Services
Are you dedicated to high quality, relationship-based social work, that is child-centred, family-minded, strengths and evidence-based and focused on impact good outcomes? Are you already a senior, or a social worker looking to step up to a more senior role? Maybe you want, and are ready to take, more responsibility and influence the way services are delivered. If so, swipe right as I think we are a match, and our first date could be soon if you follow the steps below.
We are located on the Southwest coast with easy and excellent access to transport links to all parts of the UK and internationally.
We are a progressive local authority who invest in our practitioners. We are looking for outstanding social workers, those with a clear identity, who have their own voice and advocate accordingly. We want people like you with a passion for direct work, leading and supporting others. In return we will support you with a competitive salary, training, effective and robust supervision and most importantly support to help you further define your identity, confidence, and knowledge in your chosen area of practice.
For these roles you must:
- Be a qualified Social Worker (with a Social Work England Registration)
- You will have sound knowledge of relevant childcare legislation, including a clear understanding of ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children’.
- An ability to build effective relationships with children, young people, and families.
Amongst the benefits we offer are:
- Up to 40 days holiday (including 8 days bank holidays)
- The opportunity to purchase a further two weeks holiday
- Flexi-leave scheme
- Relocation allowance up to £8,000
- Low caseloads
- High quality reflective supervision
- Excellent learning and development offer
If you are curious about North Somerset as a place to live, our children’s services or anything else related to these positions then please don’t be shy, please contact Tina Robins (firstname.lastname@example.org) who can then make arrangements for a conversation with the right person or check us out by following the link below.
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Want to know more and apply?
If you are passionate about children and young people getting the right help at the right time, about listening to their voice, and about working in partnership with families and wider networks, then we would very much like to hear from you.
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief, or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
North Somerset Council - Open, Fairer, Greener.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.