An exciting opportunity has arisen within Medway Family Solutions Service as part of the wider Early Help agenda for the position of Senior Early Help Worker at our Wayfield Hub. The position that is available is on a part time basis of 18.5 hours per week.
Family Solutions work holistically with families with multiple and complex needs to enable them to see their strengths and build upon these to make positive changes to their lives. As part of the senior early help worker, tasks will consist of, but not limited to:
- Producing Early Help Assessments & creating plans
- Targeted Intervention
- Multi-agency working
- Contributing to the MASH (Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub)
- Group Case Discussions
- Direct work with children and families
- Leading on professional meetings and reviews for children and their families
- Offering advice and guidance to practitioners in respect of your specialism
You will receive training to support you with working with a range of children and families with a variety of different needs and challenges. Family Solutions work with families that have unborn children up to 18 and 25 if a young person has additional needs.
You will need to be respectful, be able to build positive relationships in all aspects of the Senior Early Help Worker role when providing practical and specialist intervention and advice for families. As Early Help is everyone’s responsibility the role includes joint working with all colleagues across services to ensure all aspects of a child’s life experiences are captured and aspirations for their future worked upon.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Nikki Lloyd, Group Manager for Family Solutions on 01634 338847
In return for your commitment, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including –
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Excellent local government pension scheme
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview via Microsoft Teams.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile.
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or view online.