The Specialist Adolescent Service Hertfordshire is a uniquely integrated multi-agency service delivering a range of interventions to young people and their families. These include youth justice orders, statutory social work to Children Looked After and family support/early intervention for family breakdown.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Specialist Adolescent Service as qualified social worker leading on statutory Youth Justice practice within the team.
*We are looking for a committed and dedicated team player to join our service
*You will be a qualified and HCPC registered Social Worker
*You will have a full Driving Licence and access to a vehicle
* You will have a proven track record of quality practice
*You will have experience working with young people in the Youth Justice system as part of a multi-agency team, knowledge of the Youth Justice legislative framework and standards, undertaking Asset+ assessments and relevant interventions with young people subject to a court order, report writing and the court duty officer role.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Undertake structured assessments, supervision support and risk management with to children and young people subject to a Court Order
- Engage effectively with young people deliver appropriate interventions as responsible officer for an intensive intervention or court order, ensuring plans are robust and outcome focused and regularly reviewed.
- Manage a case load of young people who require youth justice interventions.
- Prepare reports for youth offender panels, court and other agencies or specialist services as required.
- Act as Court Officer as part of a court duty rota and participate in the Youth Justice Saturday / Bank holiday court duty rota
- Work effectively with partner agencies including police health education and children services
- To maintain accurate, comprehensive case management information using specified electronic database and complying with deadlines and statutory standards and requirements.
This vacancy is for a Youth Justice designated social worker within the SASH team, please complete your application with a youth justice focus in the personal statement /job outline
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Charlotte Opie-Greer on 07583 042749 /Vanessa Bunn on 07812 324731.