We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Housing professional to join the team providing frontline housing advice services.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in the Housing sector (or close equivalent) have excellent oral communication and written skills, a close eye for detail and really want to make a difference by helping vulnerable people.
The post holder is responsible for delivering the Council’s statutory Housing Act 1996 Part VII duties by providing housing advice and managing a caseload of complex homelessness prevention and relief cases.
Chichester District is a highly attractive place to live and work, home to several historic towns and villages, surrounded by beautiful countryside. Centred on the historic cathedral city of Chichester, it is a large rural district stretching from the south coast to the Surrey border and includes a large part of the South Downs National Park and the tranquil Chichester Harbour AONB. Chichester District Council offers flexible working patterns including the option of a 9-day fortnight.
Interview Date: w/c 05/12/2022
If you would like to discuss this vacancy informally, please contact Chris Dixon via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone on 01243 521092.
Employee benefits include:
- Excellent defined benefits Pension Scheme
- Minimum 25 days holiday going up to 30 days after 5 years (or before with previous service) plus paid Bank Holidays
- Flexi-time (available for most positions) - potential to build up an extra 12 days leave a year
- Flexible working arrangements including working from home and 9-day fortnight options
- Employee Assistance Programme for staff and their relatives
- Cycle to Work Scheme/Car and Cycle Loan Scheme/discounted city centre parking/ Lease Car Scheme
- Health & Wellbeing initiatives including free health checks and free eye tests plus subsidised leisure centre membership
- Payment of your main professional subscription fee.
- Training and development opportunities – including funding of professional qualification training
- Staff Awards Scheme
Chichester District Council has a commitment to Equality of Opportunity in Employment. If you have a disability which makes it difficult for you to complete our application form please contact the HR Section who will assist you.