THE LIME TRUST
Lime Academy Ravensbourne
70 Neave Crescent, Harold Hill, Romford RM3 8HN
Tel: 01708 341800
Head Teacher: Andy Smith
Hours: 15 hours per week x 41 weeks per year (term time only)
Grade: Scale 1 Points 1-3
Salary: £21,228 - £21,783 p.a full time equivalent (salary will be pro-rata)
Start Date: As soon as possible
To clean the interior of the School buildings within the Academy, ensuring that the whole school premises are kept in a clean and hygienic condition.
Key External Contacts
Key Internal Contacts
Site Service Officer, Cleaning Supervisor, Head Teacher, Staff, Pupils
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be required to carry out all or some of these tasks for the area(s) in which you have been directed to work.
- To sweep/dust control sweep/spot mop/thoroughly mop all hard floor surfaces as directed.
- To vacuum all carpeted floors, upholstered furniture and other areas as designated.
- To dust/dust control dust/damp dust/wash all furniture, fixtures, fittings, surfaces pipes and skirting boards up to hand height as directed. High level dusting to be carried out as required using high dust control extending frame.
- To polish furniture as required.
- To clean telephones, including the mouthpiece as directed.
- To empty bins and remove rubbish to designated collection points, to include all paper waste to be collected in rubbish bags.
- To clean sanitary areas as designated to include all toilets, urinals, sinks, basins, showers, baths and associated fixtures and fittings.
- Replace hand towels, toilet rolls and hand soap as required.
- To regularly remove all finger and scuff marks, splashes etc, from internal glass doors, kickplates, walls and paintwork, and to thoroughly clean these items as required.
- To wash walls, tiles and ceilings above hand height as required using equipment supplied. This work to be done by operative from floor level.
- To remove graffiti, chewing gum etc, using agreed procedures.
- To thoroughly clean venetian blinds and vertical blinds as required using methods and equipment as directed. This work to; be done by operative from floor level.
- To maintain the high standard of cleanliness and good condition of all machinery and equipment used by you, and to report any faults to the Cleaning Supervisor or Site Service Officer.
- To be aware of fire prevention and drill procedures.
- To carry out the summer clean as required during the school closure periods.
- Ensure all areas are properly secured after cleaning work is completed and that any breaches of security reported.
- To work in accordance with and contribute to the values, culture, ethos, equalities and inclusion policies of the school proactively promoting anti-racist, anti-sexist and anti-discriminatory behaviours in the day-to-day operation of the job;
- Be aware of and comply with all policies and procedures including those relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality, equal opportunities and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person;
- To take appropriate action to identify, evaluate and minimise any risks to health, safety and security in the immediate working environment;
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals;
- Ensure the development and progression of equality within the sphere of responsibility to this post and the fair and equal treatment of all colleagues, children, parents and visitors;
Personal & Professional Development
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required;
- Participate in training, other learning activities and performance development;
- To actively look for and participate in initiatives and opportunities to promote your own personal & professional development;
Confidentiality and Data Protection
- To treat all information acquired through employment, both formally and informally, in strict confidence;
- To be aware of the school’s responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 2018 for the security, accuracy and relevance of personal data held on such systems and ensure that all processes comply with this;
The above-mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out other relevant and/or reasonable duties as directed by their Head Teacher/Line Manager commensurate with the skills, abilities and grade of the post.
To be alert to issues of child protection, ensuring that the welfare and safety of children attending the School/Nursery is promoted and safeguarded and to report any child protection concerns to the person responsible for child protection using safeguarding policies procedures and practice.
Prevent, identify and minimise risk of interpersonal abuse or violence, safeguarding children and other vulnerable people, initiating the management of cases involving actual or potential abuse or violence where needed.
Be aware of and update colleagues, as appropriate to comply with current legislation and policies affecting practice, e.g. Children’s Act, National Service Frameworks, Child Protection Procedures, Health and Safety and Data Protection.
Lime Trust is looking for a Cleaner to join their team. The Trust consists of 8 schools, 4 special and 4 primary, in Cambridgeshire and North and East London.
The Lime Trust’s vision is to provide high quality education for pupils through school to school collaboration and Trust direction, high challenge and high support. All schools in the Lime Trust strive to improve life chances for all and respected in their local communities.
The Lime Way:
- Always working to be brilliant
- Putting learners first
- Setting the standard
- Building capacity rich schools
The Values we embed in our schools are:
Please apply online on Jobs Go public via the following link.
Closing date: 5th December 2022 at 9am
Interviews: 9th December 2022