Origin – shaping communities; building lives
Origin exists to make change happen for the good of communities. We help people by providing affordable homes – but that’s not enough. We support vulnerable residents to lead happy and better lives. We empower our staff to take action and rise to every challenge with ‘can do’ positivity.
Good people are the future of our innovative, working community. We have placed a brand new and exciting ‘People’ strategy at the heart of our culture – to support training and personal development, to deliver our values, to move Origin forward.
Our vision for this role
We’re looking for the right person to join our friendly Income Management Team as an Income Officer. To deliver a high-quality rent collection and arrears recovery service. Working as a team to maximise rental income, by contacting customers directly, actioning accounts in line with process, preparing court paperwork and attending court on behalf of the organisation as well as signposting customers to relevant benefit support or specialist money advice agencies.
You truly care about customer satisfaction and have good knowledge of the legal possession process. You want to make a difference to our customers lives by being proactive and positive. You will have experience of working in a target driven environment and have a passion for new ideas.
This is a great opportunity for applicants to make a difference in what is a very challenging time for everyone. The role calls for a highly motivated, customer focused, solution orientated individual who has previous experience of Income Recovery with the ability to be diplomatic and demonstrate strong negotiating skills.
What you’ll do
This is a rewarding and exciting position – responsible for building relationships and trust both internally within your Origin team and externally with the community you serve.
At a glance you:
- Take the lead on the recovery of all rent and service charge arrears across all tenure types.
- Direct your energy towards moving things forward in line with the legal processes.
- Build trust by being a confident and customer focused communicator. Liaise with external agencies and build relationships.
- Think of others unconditionally; provide support and negotiate agreements to sustain tenancies.
- Reach out to people and take a real and non-judgemental approach.
- Remember the little things and go the extra, extra, extra mile.
What you’ll need
A minimum of 1 years’ experience in Income Recovery. With good knowledge of the collection of arrears for different tenue types.
Significant practical experience of debt recovery using enforcement procedures within a customer focused environment.
Knowledge of County Court, Small Claims and DIY possession proceedings and the ability to prepare all court papers and present DIY cases in court.
A good awareness of Housing Benefit, the Universal Credit system and Welfare Reform.
Understanding of Housing Management ‘’good practice’’.
Able to prioritise conflicting demands and the ability to work to deadlines whilst maintaining a caring approach to tenants.
Awareness of effective income maximisation strategies and have great negotiation skills
Willing to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings.
Excellent customer care and communication skills – verbal and written.
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your experience meets the role above. To find out more about us simply visit www.originhousing.org.uk
Please note we will be asking for satisfactory references and DBS check. Successful applicants for interview will be contacted within seven days after the closing date.
Benefits for the right person
We reward our people for the work they do. We appreciate commitment, initiative and going the extra mile. At Origin, our comprehensive range of benefits care about the ‘whole’ person. As well as offering you great-to-have discounts, we look after your health and well-being too – personalising your benefits package to you. We offer:
- Access to a range of discounts on services, products and experiences. Not simply picked at random but personalised to you
- Tailor-made Healthcare plans and/or insurance plans – let us know your preference
- An Employee Assistance Programme that supports your well-being and is there to provide valuable help at all times
- A choice of rewards that you choose where to spend
- An Awards recognition scheme that champions individual achievement
See our new benefits portal where you can select the options that suit your lifestyle.
Download Job Specification
Closing date: 27th November 2022
Interview and assessment date: 6th December 2022