This is a truly exciting opportunity to work within Children’s Commissioning Team as we are looking to recruit to a number of Commissioning Officers roles.
We are recruiting a children’s commissioning officer (SEND/QA) role to join our dynamic and fast paced Children’s Commissioning Team at Wokingham Borough Council. The team covers SEND, Education, Early Years, Social Care and Early Help and so there are plenty of opportunities be involved in and work across a number of different portfolios.
The post offers a unique opportunity to work collaboratively with colleagues across the department, the council and with partners from across Health system, Voluntary and Private Sector to innovate, develop and implement positive change for the children and young people of Wokingham. The three successful candidates will report into a Senior Commissioner and will be supported and developed by a friendly, knowledgeable and dynamic team.
Your day-to-day role will involve a number of different activities including:
- To lead on distinct programme areas and/or projects within the portfolio of commissioning activity
- To lead, project manage and/or support, service and strategy development and co-production with service users, internal colleagues, external partners, and the wider community, ensuring the voice of the child and young person is central.
- To lead and contribute to all stages in the commissioning cycle, for populations of children, young people, and families including needs analysis, development of strategies, plans and services; procurement of services, contract monitoring and evaluation, and service/market development.
The ideal candidate/s will be someone with a keen interest in improving outcomes for children and young people, who is committed to making a difference and enjoys working in a fast paced and sometimes pressured environment.
You will need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, good attention to detail and the ability to analyse information, data and possess strong report writing skills. You will need to have an enquiring mind and be confident asking challenging questions in order to get a detailed understanding of services and provider performance. We are looking for someone who has experience working in the health and social care sector or can demonstrate strong knowledge of those sectors.
Some of the key areas of focus in the team and where you may be asked to focus on/provide support to are:
- Integrated Therapies Service for children and young people
- Fostering Transformation Programme
- Emotional Wellbeing for Children and Young People
- Contract management and oversight of a range of Providers including NHS Trusts and Voluntary Sector Providers
- Overseeing complex case SEND placements
- Commissioning activity for children and young people with SEND
Due to these work themes it is therefore desirable to have some contract knowledge and commissioning experience of Children and Young People’s Services
For full details about the role, please see attached the job description.
To have an informal discussion with regards to this position, please contact: Hayley.firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy will close on: Sunday 4th December 2022 at 11pm.
Interviews will take place: Thursday 15th December