- Employer: Halton Borough Council
- Reference: HBC1/22/218982
- Published: Fri 11/11/2022, 10:12 AM
- Closing on: Sat 24/12/2022, 10:00 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £38,296 - £41,486 plus a market supplement and car allowance
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Halton Borough Council, Cheshire
Principal Estates Surveyor
PRINCIPAL ESTATES SURVEYOR
There has never been a more exciting time to join Halton Borough Council, the Asset Management team are looking to recruit a Principal Estates Surveyor to join our busy team to work on all aspects of the estate management and the development of the Council’s property portfolio.
Our mission is to promote and develop an environmentally sustainable and diverse economy in Halton, which provides good jobs and employment for our residents and creates a positive environment for business creation.
ABOUT THE JOB
Reporting to the Asset and Valuation Manager the Principal Estates Surveyor will provide professional advice on estate management matters and provision of a broad range of property related advice and support to the Council.
You will manage the income and investment generating assets and wider estate ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and standards and generally managing the landlord and tenant relationship. Opportunities to contribute to the Council’s regeneration projects.
You’ll have a chance to develop your career through managing and handling property matters in a diverse portfolio across both Widnes and Runcorn maximising the Council’s use of assets to deliver services or generate income.
You will be involved with estate management of the commercial , investment portfolio and operational buildings and be part of regeneration project teams to provide input on property management as well as working closely with internal colleagues across the Council giving experience of work in a multi-disciplinary way using and developing collaborative skills.
The successful candidate for the role of Principal Estates Surveyor will have:
- A corporate membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Experience in negotiating rent reviews, lease renewals, and new leases to comply with landlord and tenant legislation and managing the general landlord and tenant relationship
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, businesses, and organisational leaders
within prescribed governance frameworks and be able to work to strict deadlines.
Halton is a unitary authority located in the North West England astride the River Mersey. Following the construction of the Mersey Gateway Bridge in 2017, it has an ambitious and varied programme of current and future major re-development and regeneration projects.
Halton has amenities, attractions, and activities in abundance. The area offers endless opportunities to enjoy the outdoors, with three canals and miles of footpaths right on our doorstep.
The overarching Council vision is “Halton will be a thriving and vibrant borough where people can learn and develop their skills, enjoy a good quality of life with good health; a high quality, modern urban environment; the opportunity for all to fulfil their potential; greater wealth and equality; sustained by a thriving business community; and within safer, stronger and more attractive neighbourhoods”
We provide a generous benefits package along with a flexible family-friendly working culture and flexi-time and 1.5 days can be taken per month.
Due to the nature of the service candidates will be required to work 2 days per week in the office
Here are some of our benefits:
- Flexible and Agile Working Arrangements
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays (Increasing after 5 years’ service)
- Local government Pension Scheme
- Access to a range of learning and development opportunities
- Free Car Parking
- Employee Health Initiatives
- Car Leasing Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Schemes
- Employee Discounts
This is an excellent opportunity for you to develop your career in a supportive and team orientated environment.