Our vision for our children and young people - To make North Somerset a truly great place for children and young people to thrive; where all have the best possible life and opportunities, including those who are vulnerable, disadvantaged and/or have special educational or additional needs.
There are many reasons why North Somerset is an attractive place for Social Workers to live, work and visit. For most, the district is renowned for its wonderful natural assets, including part of the Mendip Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, sites of Special Scientific Interest and 25 miles of beautiful coastline. But there is much more to North Somerset than meets the eye.
The district is in a great location, strategically positioned close to Bristol, Bath and the M4 corridor for fast regional connectivity. We are also well connected nationally and internationally, with quick links to London Paddington, South Wales, the Midlands and the South West via Bristol Airport, the port, the M5 motorway and direct trains.
Following a period of change, North Somerset Council is on a journey of further transformation and improvement in its Children’s Services. We are looking for passionate, creative, experienced and child centred qualified social workers to join us. You will have a manageable caseload, high quality reflective supervision and leadership and work in supportive and creative social work teams. If you thrive on the opportunity to deliver high quality practice to children and young people whether that be in the Front Door, Family Support & Safeguarding or within Corporate Parenting and make a difference to these children and young people we would like to hear from you.
We offer a culture of continuous learning with excellent training opportunities and our practice model is a trauma informed strengths-based approach.
- A competitive salary
- Generous holiday
- Excellent local government pension scheme
- Family friendly policies and flexible working
- Excellent training
- Free parking at council offices
- Access to pool cars, bikes and cycle to work scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- For this role you must
- Be a qualified Social Worker (with a Social Work England Registration) with a passion for working with children and their families to help improve their outcomes and to keep them safe from harm using a strengths-based approach.
- You will have sound knowledge of relevant childcare legislation, including a clear understanding of ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children’ and fostering regulations and legislation.
- An ability to build effective relationships with children, young people and families.
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Want to know more and apply?
If you would like an informal conversation about what is on offer please contact:
Dawn Newton, Head of Front Door & Family Wellbeing (Early Help) at email@example.com;
Shelley Caldwell, Head of Family Support & Safeguarding at firstname.lastname@example.org
Carrie Yeates, Head of Corporate Parenting at email@example.com
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/my-services/jobs-training/council-jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: To be confirmed
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.