Facilities Assistant (Ref: FA)
Salary: up to £10.85 per hour (FTE £20,875.40 per annum)
1 x position 37 hours per week, (rota 5 days of out of 7) based at the Spotlight, Hoddesdon
1 x position 16 hours per week, (weekends) based at Bishops’ College, Cheshunt
The above post provides an opportunity to work for the Council across two of our sites, the full-time post will be based at the main offices at Bishops’ College in Cheshunt, which includes the Borough Offices and Grade II listed buildings. The other will be based at the Council’s Spotlight Theatre in Hoddesdon. Both facilities have recently been refurbished. The roles will be expected to be interchangeable and travel across sites. The duties are varied and will include:
- Setting up meeting rooms, functions and events to tight deadlines
- Lifting and moving of equipment and furniture as per booking requests
- Undertaking various routine, periodic and deep cleaning tasks
- Assisting with building maintenance and a range of repair, decoration and porterage tasks
- Securing and unlocking buildings as requested
- Operate various security systems (CCTV, alarms) and be contactable out of hours in the event of an emergency
- Deliver a high quality service at all times, using initiative to make decisions.
This is a busy role and to be successful we would ideally like you to have experience in a similar position. Some experience of building maintenance would also be advantageous although not essential. There will also be a requirement to work additional hours occasionally and to be on call to deal with emergencies.
We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The benefits package includes generous leave entitlement, a full training and development programme, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and free membership to the Council’s local leisure centres, which includes free access to gyms, swimming pools, fitness classes, racket sport sessions, a health suite and a range of generous discounts across other leisure and culture services.
Broxbourne Council is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Details and application forms for all job vacancies are listed on the Council’s website.
Application forms must be submitted online by 30 November 2022 quoting the above reference.
Borough Offices, Bishops’ College, Churchgate, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9XQ.
Telephone: 01992 785509, Email: email@example.com