Starting Salary: £31,434
Job Level and Salary Range: Level 3, Zone 1
Work Location: 5 Pancras Square, London, N1C 4AG with remote working arrangements available
Hours per week: 36 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Closing Date: Sunday 13th November 2022, 23:59pm
Interviews to be held: TBC
Alternative flexible working options available/open to discussion
In Camden we are committed to working together to make our borough the best place to live, work, study, and visit. Partnership with our communities is central to the way we work, so that everyone can access opportunities, and nobody gets left behind. Here’s where you can help decide a better future for us all. As our Information Security Analyst, you will be working within our Information Security team, testing IT and Information Security controls and reporting on their adequacy and effectiveness.
This is a new role reporting to the Information Security Manager, the Information Security Analyst is created to focus on ensuring compliance to security policies, relevant and applicable requirements and standards across the company. The successful candidate will perform audit activities in accordance with the ISO 27001 standard and other internal review requirements.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Assist with Planning and developing Camden’s ISMS to meet ISO 27001 requirements
- Plan and conduct other security control audits to assess compliance with company Information Security Policies and Requirements
- Report on the design and operation effectiveness of Information Security Controls
- Monitor progress of corrective actions against remediation plan
- Internal Document control and maintenance
- Providing advice to the organisation and ensuring that security standards are understood and complied with
- Conducting regular reviews of application requests from Camden colleagues to ensure our data remains secure
- Researching and evaluating emerging cyber security threats
You will collaborate with key stakeholders across Camden, including the Corporate Information Governance Team and the Internal Audit and Risk Management Teams, to ensure a holistic approach to Information security.
You will also develop Camden's Cybersecurity capabilities further, ensuring that we detect, analyse, and defend our most complex and interdependent systems. You'll also ensure that we consider security-by-design in everything that we do.
We are looking for someone who can adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, as well as maintaining a professional, security-focused approach to all tasks. You will be an experienced problem solver who can be flexible in your approach to work and have excellent organisational skills to manage a varied workload.
You will ensure that you keep up to date with current threat trends and use that to the benefit of our organisation and its goals.
Experience of working in a busy team within a demanding environment and working to distinct deadlines/ timeframes for delivery of work is also key.
Core skills include:
You will be able to demonstrate the following experience and technical skills:
- An appreciation for Information Security / ISO 27001 standards and the enthusiasm to develop in the role, guided by the wider team.
- Basic understanding of risk management and control frameworks.
- The ability and interest to learn and perform technical audits on IT and Information Security controls
- The ability to see the big picture, as well as understand and challenge the detail when required.
- Strong IT technical knowledge (e.g., Cloud, BYOD, Web applications and services, demonstrated through university, personal projects or commercial experience)
- Able to analyse and interpret information, reporting conclusions in formats aligned to the target audience
- Preferably a Computer Science or Information Security degree holder
For more information regarding this role please refer to the job profile.
This role will require an Enhanced DBS Check.
To view the Job Profile, please click HERE or copy and paste the below URL into your browser: http://camdocs.camden.gov.uk/HPR