Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
Are you looking for a high impact role?
Are you passionate about the environment with a keen interest in recycling?
If you are highly motivated, forward thinking and driven by seeing your actions make a positive difference, then a Recycling Assistant within London's second largest borough is the role for you!
You will be keen to gain experience of working in the waste and recycling industry and to develop a sound knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation.
You will contribute to a number of valuable projects and your communication skills will be critical in helping to implement evolving strategies and to reach challenging targets in reducing waste and increasing recycling.
You must have a UK driving licence and full access to your own vehicle, for which mileage costs will be paid.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic individual for the role of 'Recycling Assistant' within our waste services team.
This is an exciting time to join our established award-winning team. As a Recycling Assistant you will be responsible for engaging with our residents, businesses and community members to increase recycling participation through education and behaviour change.
The team identifies and delivers a wide range of projects and initiatives which help us to reach our recycling targets and reduce the boroughs carbon footprint whilst ensuring that the quality of our services and our high standard of delivery are maintained.
If this opportunity excites you, and you believe you meet our criteria (as outlined in the Person Specification), we look forward to receiving your application!
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
Due to an expected high volume of applications, we could close this role early, we therefore recommend you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.