Brighter Futures for Children
Sure Start Whitley Day Nursery
Level 3 Early years practitioner
Full Time, 37 hours per week. Permanent.
There is an opportunity to split post into 2 part time positions (18.5 hours per week)
Brighter Futures for Children is improving outcomes for Reading's children, young people and families.
We are an independent, not-for-profit-company, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council. Our responsibility is to deliver quality children's services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services in the borough.
- We protect and enhance the lives of the children of Reading.
- We help families find long-term solutions to ensure children lead happy, healthy, and successful lives.
- We embrace new and proven ways of working, including; trauma Informed practice, restorative approaches, strong partnership working, quick and appropriate decision-making.
Sure Start Whitley Day Nursery is a busy, popular and well established nursery providing high quality, affordable and free childcare to local families in the South of Reading.
The nursery is set out over three bright rooms which connect to a private garden space. Our local community is diverse with children attending our setting from a range of different backgrounds and with many different languages represented. Our practitioners are completely focused on ensuring that all children achieve and have an equal chance of success in an environment which is inclusive, inspiring and nurturing.
The children are very important and so is our team. We work closely with our practitioners to ensure that they continue to learn, develop and share good practices.
We are currently looking for a level 3 early years practitioner who can work collaboratively with our team, families and wider professionals in the best interests of the children.
You will be part of a supportive, hardworking and passionate team. We offer a competitive salary, and we offer a comprehensive training package and opportunities for professional development and progression for the right candidate. A generous annual leave allowance is included.
Applicants must have an excellent understanding of child development and must hold a level 3 childcare qualification. Experience working with children 0-5 years is desirable.
What we offer:
- We offer a supportive framework to develop your career
- You’ll work in a friendly and collaborative environment where we are committed to delivering positive outcomes.
- We have a strong training and developmental pathway
- Competitive salary
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- On-site outstanding nursery
- Pool cars.
We offer a range of extras:
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Local discounts
- Health and wellbeing programme
For an informal discussion about the role please contact:
Kelly Goswell (Nursery manager) on 0118 937 3922 or email
Closing date: Monday 28th November 2022
Shortlisting: Tuesday 29th November 2022
Interview date: Wednesday 7th December 2022