Be supported to own and take action. Our journey, our place, your opportunity.
Make your future about shaping tomorrow count by joining the Bracknell Learning Disabilities & Autism Adult Services as the Community Services Manager.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for this position to manage our long standing co-located Health and Social Care Team. We are looking for a manager with enthusiasm, motivation and commitment to lead and manage this multi-disciplinary team of health and social care professionals with over 40 members of staff. You will contribute to the delivery of quality assessment treatment and care management service currently delivered by the co-located team. You will also be expected to contribute towards exciting new developments within Bracknell Forest Learning Disability and Autism services including redevelopment of a 20 - bed supported living project, modernisation of services, implementing the charging reforms, implementing the Liberty Protection Safeguards etc. You will be part of the extended Senior Leadership Group of the Adult Social Care Management Team reporting to the Head of Service for LD & Autism Services.
Because we're Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
Based at our Time Square offices, you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team of Health and Social Care staff. This will require you to manage multiple demands on your time and expertise.
As a Community Services Manager, you will be expected to provide guidance and advice across the whole team and participate in Safeguarding and Operational Management matters, as well as deputising for the Head of Service.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- To provide leadership, management, and professional guidance to a joint team of social workers, and health practitioners.
- To ensure the delivery of a high quality, Community Learning Disability and Autism services for the people of Bracknell Forest.
- To promote and govern excellent practice, including assessing need, planning and working with families, and safeguarding vulnerable adults.
- To ensure the delivery of a service which is responsive in a timely manner and within statutory guidelines.
- To promote, lead and manage the development of excellent and confident practitioners.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Regular Clinical Supervision, ongoing team support and development opportunities.
- Regular working hours: Mon - Fri 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
What we're looking for...
You will need to be an HCPC registered social worker or AMHP with a professional social work qualification or equivalent, and proven post qualifying experience. You will need to have direct management experience within adult's social services where you can demonstrate strong and successful leadership and implement service improvements.
Interviews will be held on 7th or 9th December 2022
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Dr Kofi Nyero, Head of Service - LD & ASD Services (ASC)
Tel.: 07786174881 / 01344 35112
As part of the Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.