Holy Family Catholic Multi Academy Trust
Job Title: Exams Officer
Location: Holy Family Catholic Multi Academy Trust - St John Plessington Cathlolic College
Responsible To: People Business Support Lead
Salary Grade: Band G, Scale point 19-24 £25,295 - £28,244 (actual)
Contract: This is a full-time, permanent contract. This post is 36 hours per week, 41 weeks per year (term time only plus three weeks). Annual leave to be taken during non-term time.
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 29th November 2022 at 12.00pm
The directors of Holy Family Catholic Multi Academy Trust would like to invite applications from excellent, enthusiastic and engaging individuals for the post of Exam Officer. The successful candidate will provide organisation and administration for both public and internal examinations, in a smooth and effective manner, which will help them to sustain and improve the educational outcomes of the Trust.
To provide high quality exams service to the Trust, working with colleagues across the Trust to ensure a streamlined and seamless approach
To support and administer the Exams Service in acting as first point of contact for exam enquiries
To support, administer and co-ordinate the examination entries process for external exams to the examination boards for public exams, GCSE, AS BTEC and A Level
- To support, administer and co-ordinate internal exams for all year groups
- To liaise with key school staff on pupil entries
- To disseminate information about public exams to staff, pupils and their parents
- To liaise with staff, parents, pupils and to handle complaints and queries about public examinations
- To sort examination papers as they arrive
- To support, administer and co-ordinate in the daily running of public and internal examinations including practical examinations and to inform arrangements that need to be made for furniture in examination rooms
- To support, administer and co-ordinate the creation of the invigilation timetable and provide information about the examination timetable e.g. dates/times of examinations and the number of entrants
- To sort out all clashes and make appropriate provisions for pupils
- A unique opportunity to work for a MAT which is one of 87 national teaching school hubs and includes the lead school for Cheshire and Wirral Maths Hub
- Mentoring and high level training
- Encouragement to develop your career with excellent promotion opportunities
- A caring environment with well-being and work/life balance at its core.
- Inclusion in whole school and MAT teams – working together to achieve ambitious outcomes whilst valuing every individual’s contribution
In line with Keeping Children Safe in Education, Holy Family Multi Academy Trust will undertake general online searches for all shortlisted candidates, this may include social media and video platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube. Online searches will only examine data that is publicly available, and the aim is to identify any incidents or issues. Any areas of concern will be discussed during the interview process.
We are committed to safeguarding the young people in our care, and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to relevant clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and completed application form for the attention of Mr A Moor, CEO to recruitment@hfcmat. For further information please visit the ‘Vacancies’ section on our website www.hfcmat.com.
St John Plessington Catholic College Old Chester Road Bebington Wirral CH63 7LF Tel: 0151 645 5049 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org