Part funded by the National Careers & Enterprise Company (CEC), the Careers Hub was set up to inspire and prepare young people for the fast-changing world of work, this scheme is managed locally by the Greater Lincolnshire LEP.
About the role
The Enterprise Coordinator (EC) sits at the heart of the Careers Hub to help schools and colleges improve their careers and enterprise programmes and to engage with the world of work. Working closely with the LEP Employment and Skills Manager and Careers Hub Lead, Enterprise Coordinators effectively act as a partnership manager between schools/colleges and local businesses.
The Career Hub is a virtual network of employers, schools, colleges and other stakeholders who are interested in supporting young people to successfully progress into the world of work. It is a national scheme that is disseminated from the Department for Education via the Careers and Enterprise Company. In Greater Lincolnshire, the Careers Hub is managed by the Greater Lincolnshire LEP.
We will recruit one full time position covering schools and colleges in North East Lincolnshire and one part time position (19hrs) covering schools and colleges in North Lincolnshire however there could be flexibility for the right candidates. We would welcome applications from areas outside these regions. Overall office base is Lincoln. You will need a full driving license and access to a vehicle. Mileage will be paid at current LCC rates.
The role is based around four main aims:
- Building networks and facilitating conversations and initiatives about careers.
- Supporting Careers Leaders and Employers, individually and in groups.
- Being a local expert on the Gatsby Benchmarks.
- Being an ambassador for the careers landscape and skills agenda across Greater Lincolnshire.
The successful candidates will be working for the Greater Lincolnshire LEP and will join a dynamic team of 18.
They will need to:
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be able to demonstrate experience of engaging, building and maintaining relationships with senior leaders from schools, colleges and businesses.
- Be able to work as part of a team but the Enterprise Coordinator must be able to work proactively and independently.
- Prioritise their workload and relationships with a number of local organisations
This is 8 month fixed term contract with potential for extension.
Come and join us, together we’re Greater!
About Our Offer
Along with a competitive salary we are offering:
- A Contributory pension
- Comprehensive benefits package including excellent discount schemes and cycle to work
- Civil service sports council membership
- Flexible working patterns split between home and office
- Professional support and development
- An annual leave entitlement of up to 28 days plus the option to buy more
Further details can be found in our rewards and benefits brochure
If this sounds like your next career move, but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we’re looking for, please do apply, we’d love to hear from you!
Please submit a CV and a covering letter. Make sure your covering letter clearly states why you have applied, how you meet the essential and desirable criteria for the role as set out in the Job Description as well as what you feel you can bring to this role and the wider team.
For a confidential and informal discussion about the role, please contact
Lee Douglas via email email@example.com
Applications close 01/12/22 and interviews will be held WC 12/12/22
Best of luck with your application