Roofer / Roofers Mate
Base working across our properties in Hertfordshire and Essex
Permanent, Full Time (37.5 hpw)
Salary circa £33,779 per annum, plus great benefits, van and uniform
Delivering a reliable repairs service. That?s when it hits home
Are you a roofer or roofers mate, looking for a new role with a great employer? Then join us at Home Group Repairs Partnership and be part of our brand-new Repairs and Maintenance Partnership team. You'll be carrying out high quality, right first-time maintenance across responsive and void properties. And we really are great! 5th best place to work in the UK in fact!
You'll ensure all of you allocated jobs are completed ?right first time? with a whole job repair approach, providing a brilliant service for our customers. You'll take pride in delivering compliance and high quality work, improving first time fix's and prevent multiple visits to customers homes.
Oh, did we mention that we?re also 9^th for ?Best Super Large organisations for Wellbeing?, in Stonewall?s Top 100 employers and we grow our own colleagues (not literally of course!). So when you are ready for the next step in your career or just want to be even more brilliant at what you do, you can grow with us!
What you'll bring
- You?ll have an NVQ level 2 or equivalent qualification in roofing or equivalent roofing experience
- You?ll have experience of undertaking work to all roof types including flat and pitched roofs
- You?ll have experience in other building trade areas (multi skilled) with relevant experience/training
- A flexible approach, able to use own initiative and judgement
- Able to use technology for logging jobs, complete online learning and collaborating with other colleagues.
Our Roofers need to have a valid Basic DBS Check under the Disclosure and Barring Service. The great news is that we will pay for this to be done.
What you will get to help you be even more brilliant
- Company vehicle for business use and commuting
- Your jobs will be scheduled so you know exactly where you need to be
- 33 days annual leave rising to 38 days (inc bank holidays) with the option to buy 5 more
- Generous pension scheme with life insurance
- Flexible working (to suit business needs)
- Occupational health checks to make sure you?re always at your best
- Great training opportunities (induction package and training / development)
- ?Me Time? day off each year for those important moments in life such as moving house, wedding, attending child's school play.
- Salary sacrifice scheme to get yourself a new car or laptop
- High street rewards and discounts at over 800 businesses, shopping, holidays, days out plus more
Where you?ll do your job
You?ll initially work across our properties in Hertfordshire and Essex. Our base is Welwyn Garden City with some flexibility from home too.
To meet the needs of our customers, we need to be flexible. This means you?ll work 5 days per week and may also be asked to take part in our out of hours service on a rota with colleagues. But as we?re asking you to be flexible for us, we aim to give you the time you need to spend time doing the things that matter to you! Want to know more?
If you?re not reading this advert on our careers? pages, press the APPLY NOW button to access lots of useful stuff! You can download the Roofer Job Description and find out more about Home Group. We know you?ll want to find out more about our benefits and rewards. Applying for this job
Don?t delay applying for this brilliant job, as we may close it early if we get lots of applications! Just upload your CV and if you have one, your cover letter (this will help us learn more about you!). If you need them, we?ve also got some great templates to help you.
Do let us know how we can help you shine in this process.
Be yourself at Home
Home?Group?is?committed to?tackling?prejudice and discrimination, not just for our customers, but?for our?colleagues too!?We?re super proud of our internal Diversity Networks and allies (Multicultural, LGBTQIA+ and Disability) which support colleagues from different backgrounds to be their true selves. We?recognise and celebrate our differences, together we make Home Group a great place to work!