As the Head of Drug & Alcohol Services in Bracknell Forest you will lead a team to make sure that people get the help and support that they need to address their drug and alcohol issue.
If you are passionate about supporting people who are experiencing issues with drug and alcohol use, their families and people that are involved with the criminal justice system and improving their health, wellbeing and life chances this is the role for you.
You will be responsible for developing and overseeing the delivery of local services, working in partnership with other agencies and across borders to ensure that the services are delivered to high standards.
If you have a passion for supporting people to achieve their full potential, recover from their drug and alcohol issues and go on to become valued members of the community look no further.
We want to help our most vulnerable residents to get their lives firmly on track. That is why it is so important that we have the right people, in the right place to deliver the right services and this is the team that you will be leading. We're working towards success for our clients. And we do what we think should be done, not just what needs to be done.
The compliments below speak for themself in terms of the dedication shown by the staff at New Hope.
"X has been good as gold from the start nothing is a problem and goes above and beyond to help me and try and steer me in the right direction. Saying that all the staff - you have an amazing team at present."
"Great help with my medical problem took me and supported me with hospital appointments"
"Thank u for today. I'm feeling much better after some acupuncture, which is greatly appreciated, you've been amazing and very supportive, it means a lot to me. Many thanks
What it's like working in our team…
The team at new Hope is not large. You will oversee 15 staff who are dedicated and knowledgeable with can do attitudes. Whilst the service is small it is very busy and every day brings its own challenges and rewards. Partnership working is vitally important in this role so that we can provide a holistic support to people who use the service. We are a team who use a Trauma Informed, person centred and strengths-based approach to support people to achieve the goals that they have identified to enable them towards recovery.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To be accountable for ensuring that the drug and alcohol service complies with the requirements set down in The Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Services) Regulations 2014 and be the strategic lead for inspections carried out by the Care Quality Commission and to be a Registered Manager.
- As the registered manager the post holder is accountable for ensuring that the service does not breach any of the regulations in such a way to require sanctions or prosecution by the Care Quality Commission.
- To manage and lead on external inspections by the Care Quality Commission and ensure that all of the regulations are met. To develop and implement improvement plans that are required following inspections and strive to continuously improve the service.
- To develop and be responsible for the implementation of, relevant policies and plans in respect of service delivery which meet the requirements set out by the National Institute for Clinical Excellence and Drug Use and Dependence: UK guidelines on clinical management and The Care Quality Commission and the Commissioning Quality Standards: drug and alcohol treatment and recovery.
- To oversee and manage the delivery of both in house and commissioned services
- To be the subject matter expert on drug and alcohol misuse for the council and work directly with Directors, Assistant Directors, Elected Members, officers across the council and relevant external bodies, including the ICS, Public Health, Police, PCC and, where appropriate DAAT leads within Berkshire and the South East to ensure that the processes for commissioning substance misuse services are robust and adhere to national frameworks and meet the needs of the residents of Bracknell Forest.
We offer an extensive training programme for all members of staff which is designed so that members of staff are knowledgeable on substance misuse. You will work with members of the management to identify suitable training that meets the requirements of the National Workforce Stagey.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre (The Lexicon).
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for…
We are looking for an enthusiastic, confident and reliable person who is passionate about helping people and developing the systems and polices to make sure that we get the most out of our staff and provide services to the highest possible standards. The right candidate will have experience of developing and reviewing strategies and plans to meet the needs of the local population, experience of promoting the development of substance misuse services in the local area.
Interviews will be held on 14th/15th December 2022.
The starting date for this post is anticipated to be 3rd April 2023.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name: Jillian Hunt
Job Title: Head of Drug & Alcohol Services
Phone Number: 01344 35153
As part of the Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.