Due to increased learner numbers YPLP (Young People's Learning Provision) are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant for 32 hours a week to give additional learning and/or behaviour support to learners, aged 16-24 at our Grantham and Ruskington sites.
You will work as part of a fantastic and caring team to support learners one a 1:1 basis, in a small group, in the community and in a classroom environment.
About the role:
The role of Learning Support Assistant will involve:
- Working with learners on a 1:1 basis and in small groups, classroom environment or at times in the community to provide support with additional and behavioural needs
- Supporting young people to engage with education by making tasks accessible, keeping them focused, breaking things down, making adjustments, being creative and knowing the learner
- Supporting a tutor to effectively deliver relevant and engaging sessions
- Liaising with parents/carers, other staff members and a range of external agencies
- Supporting young people to manage their behaviour
- Facilitating the implementation of the young person's EHCP
About Our Offer
Along with a competitive salary we are offering:
- A Contributory pension
- Comprehensive benefits package including excellent discount schemes and cycle to work
- Civil service sports council membership
- Flexible working patterns split between home and office
- Professional support and development
- A generous leave entitlement with the option to buy more
Further details can be found in our rewards and benefits brochure
Please note that mileage is paid between sites.
If this sounds like your next career move, but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we’re looking for, please do apply, we’d love to hear from you!
For a confidential and informal discussion about the role, please contact
Sarah Bell; Team leader via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 04/12/22 and interviews will be held WC 12/12/22
Best of luck with your application