Teaching Assistant 18 hours per week 1:1 and class support
Delamere Church of England Primary Academy is looking for an exceptional individual to join the school as a Teaching Assistant. We would like someone who is good at communication with children, parents and staff, and has the skills and desire to enthuse children each and every day.
We believe that we have something special to offer the successful applicant. Delamere is a truly great place to work, our foundations being based on creating an environment that allows children to realise their full potential. If you are looking for a new exciting challenge, if you are organised and hardworking and have the passion required to work with us then please apply.
Job Description (Teaching Assistant)
This Teaching Assistant role is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference in our children’s education, drawing on your commitment to developing pupil learning ability and knowledge accessibility. Working closely with class teachers you will be helping pupils to expand their knowledge and play a positive role in school life. You will utilise your knowledge, communication skills and creativity to help pupils understand the information presented.
Your duties as a Teaching Assistant will include:
- Supervise and provide learning support for a pupil with special needs.
- Assist with the development of individual education and behavioural plans setting challenging expectations for pupils to achieve learning goals.
- Establish trusting relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs and personalities.
- Encourage pupils to interact with the class and engage in activities.
- Provide feedback to pupils and teachers on pupil’s achievement, progress and any problems that arise.
- Create and maintain an orderly and supportive environment, undertaking administrative tasks as needed.
- Promote good pupil conduct encouraging pupils to take responsibility for their behaviour.
- Support the use of technology in learning and develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use.
- Prepare resources required for learning activities and assist pupils in their use.
- Uphold policies and procedures relating to child protection and data protection.
- Supervise pupils before school, after school and on school trips.
Closing date: 12.12.22 9am
Informal chat 13.12.22
Activity and interviews 15.12.22