This is a fixed term contract/secondment opportunity working in the Financial Assessments & Payments team for a 12 month period.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative individual who will be working in our payments team. You will be paying and invoicing for Adult Social Care costs, assisting our most vulnerable residents in the borough.
You should be capable of working in an accurate and organised way and have a good eye for detail.
As part of a busy team, it is essential that you can work well under pressure, meet deadlines, achieve challenging service performance targets and adopt a flexible approach. You will assist on improvements to make the team more efficient.
We make extensive use of Information Technology and therefore you must be computer literate with a very good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and ideally Mosaic (core system) but not essential as Mosaic training will be provided.
You will help to provide an efficient, cost effective, and quality focused service enabling effective delivery to our Adult Social Care customers.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of working in an office environment.
- A commitment to embracing change.
- The ability to interpret, extract and assess important information.
- The ability to work with volume and be accurate.
- Customer service ethos, striving to continually improve.
- The ability to work on their own initiative and take ownership as well as working as part of a team.
- Working with colleagues to achieve service performance targets.
- Good IT skills.
Closing Date: 11pm, 11th December 2022.
Interview Date: TBC.
For an informal discussion, please contact Susan Waterson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.