St Oswald’s CE Primary School. Ronald Ross Avenue, Bootle, L30 5RH
Premises Officer - Permanent
Required for February /March 2023
We are looking for a Premises Officer to replace the current postholder. We are looking to appoint a motivated, enthusiastic and committed Premises Officer to join our friendly and dedicated team.
If you are the person we seek, you will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- An understanding of site management.
- Ability to transfer site management skills to the school environment.
- Have health, safety and wellbeing of the school and team as a priority in your work.
- Enthusiasm as part of St Oswald’s CE Primary School team.
- Well organised and able to work well both as part of a team and independently.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Prepared to make a valuable contribution to our local community and school.
- Previous school premises experience is essential.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day operational management, safety, cleanliness and security of the school site and ensuring that it is safe for all users.
- A sense of humour and ability to work well with colleagues at all levels.
- Responsibility for the management and operation of site security systems including fire alarm system, intruder alarm systems and security door and gate systems.
- Site maintenance, including managing the work of maintenance, cleaning and grounds contractors, ensuring that the standard of work is in accordance with agreed Service Level Agreements or contract agreements.
- Painting, fixing and simple DIY tasks.
- Porterage duties.
- Record keeping, including responsibility for the management of the Asset Maintenance programme including the recording of and disposal of all fixed and portable school assets, managing the maintenance and replacement programme necessary to maintain it. To liaise with the Headteacher and Bursar and complete paperwork as required.
- Cleaning, to include the ordering and maintaining adequate cleaning supplies and cleaning team supervision.
- Fire risk and safety management.
- Health and safety management in relation to premises management are complied with including, for example, fire regulations, risk assessment, management of COSHH, provision of PPE, working at height, management of work equipment, management of contractors.
- Driving the school minibus.
- To action and supervise contract work as directed.
- Set up and manage repair programmes and defect reporting systems, ensuring that the buildings and grounds are well-maintained and fit for purpose.
- Occasionally open/close the premises following out of school hours events.
- The running of the day-to-day premises budget, holding responsibility for the authorisation of work and the preparation of relevant purchase order paperwork.
- Check the school site weekly for any potential Health and Safety issues, taking corrective action where necessary.
- In collaboration with the Headteacher complete risk assessments in relation to any concerns on site and take any corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensure all contractors visiting the site are fully inducted on Health and Safety procedures, relevant risk assessments and provided with the Asbestos register.
- To present oneself in a professional way that is consistent with the values and expectations to the school.
We can offer:
- A warm, family orientated school based on Christian faith.
- Enthusiastic and motivated pupils, staff, families and Governors.
- A supportive, cohesive team of professionals at all levels.
- Commitment to developing all staff to further their career.
- A commitment to your professional development and training.
- An up to date, modern working environment.
- Supportive Senior Management and Governors, committed to staff wellbeing.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is committed to upholding the Christian ethos of the school.
- Has a high level of enthusiasm, energy and a sense of humour.
- Has high expectations of themselves professionally.
- Can show an ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Has proven resilience and determination to succeed.
- Will enjoy working as part of a friendly, dedicated team.
- Has a record of excellent attendance at work.
- Has an understanding of pupils living in difficult circumstances.
- Has an excellent work ethic based on high standards.
- Strives for the best outcomes.
The position is permanent, (Grade E, SCP 7 - 11) salary £22,368 - £24,054 which will be 36 hours per week over a 52 week/year contract. Hours will be over a split shift each day between the hours of 7.00am and 6pm. Annual leave is 27 days per year under 5 years service, increasing to 32 days per year after 5 years service, and agreed in advance with the Bursar.
Hours of work 07.00am – 11.00am and 2.45pm – 6.00pm, Monday to Thursday and 07.00am – 10.45am and 2.45pm – 6.00pm, Friday
If you think that you may be the right candidate for this role, then I look forward to receiving your application.