Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
Goshawk Gardens is a supported living service, for adults with learning disabilities. Based in the community, you will be accountable to the manager of the service for the day-to-day assistance and support of tenants in their own home.
Working directly with tenants, you will be helping them to maintain and improve their quality of life by ensuring independent living skills are developed and maintained. You will support tenants with personal daily living skills pertaining to personal hygiene, medication support and community access. You will be required to provide a high-quality service in line with the essential standards of care and in return will be well supported from other skilled team members.
You will be expected to lead by example and be a role model to other staff and service users alike. You will require excellent communication and interpersonal skills and will engage effectively with service users, providing individual support and advice, developing and implementing care plans. It will therefore be essential that you have relevant experience of working with people with learning and /or physical disabilities.
In this role you will be predominately lone working, you will be expected to remain on the premise for a 24hour period which includes sleeping on the premises. (Staff sleep in room on premise)
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Interview dates are planned for the 13th and 14th December 2022.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.