Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
We are the second largest borough in London with over 200 green spaces covering approx. 1,800 acres, the London Borough of Hillingdon is highly regarded for its Green Flag status throughout the Borough.
As a Gardener you will join Hillingdon Council's Green Spaces team, a team of dedicated Green Flag award winners. You will be working as part of this team to ensure an excellent service is delivered to our residents and other customers.
The position will offer a wide variety of gardening tasks including grass cutting, maintenance of bedding displays, shrub and hedge maintenance
We are looking for individuals with some relevant gardening experience in this work area.
You will need a full driving licence for this role.
You will have a proactive approach to work, be conscientious, flexible, customer focused and enjoy working as part of a team.
If you have a keen interest in gardening and are looking to broaden your gardening experience, we would be eager to hear from you!
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
Due to an expected high volume of applications, we could close this role early, we therefore recommend you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.