Happy, Helpful, Hard-working
To start – as soon as possible
We are a popular, mainstream community school, which is part of Rainham Mark Education Trust. The school had a good Ofsted Inspection in November 2019 and was recognised as being Outstanding in the areas of Behaviour and Attitudes and Personal Development. The key values held by our school community add to the success and inclusive nature of the school. These values are Curiosity, Happiness, Aspiration, Respect, Articulacy, Community, Teamwork, Equality and Resilience – ‘Character’.
The school has two integrated special provisions for a small number of children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder or Visual Impairment, who are taught in the mainstream classes with appropriate support.
We are seeking to appoint an Administrator with reception duties to support the Head of School in the varied administration and clerical work surrounding our children which will include attendance and admissions and to provide cover when required within our busy Reception area.
We are looking for someone who:
· is personable, professional, discrete and cheerful with excellent communication skills and able to work to tight deadlines
· has previous experience of working in a busy school office and understands the pressures of the role
· has a good level of education, with GCSEs (or equivalent) in Maths and English
· is hardworking and well organised with experience of an office environment. Microsoft Office skills are essential and knowledge of SIMS.net
· is willing to undertake a First Aid qualification and other training
· is a supportive team member and is willing to get involved in school life developing good relationships with parents/carers and their children, teachers and other support staff
· is able to work on own initiative and be proactive
The successful candidate will be working as part of a team in a busy environment, will need to be flexible, have a sense of humour, a positive attitude and good time management skills.
In return, we can offer you:
amazing children, who are keen and enthusiastic to learn.
opportunities to work across the primary sector in an exciting part of its journey
ongoing professional development with a particular focus on inclusion,
a supportive, dynamic and fun staff team,
excellent grounds and facilities.
a benefits package through the Trust, including Benenden Health Care.
Visits are positively welcomed and can be arranged by calling the school office on 01634 338700.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, achieving equal opportunities and combating discrimination and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of appointment is subject to receipt of an enhanced DBS check.
Please find our safeguarding policy here: https://www.riverside.medway.sch.uk/safeguarding/