Job Title: Senior SEND Mediation / Tribunals Officer
Location: Countywide/Hybrid Working
Starting Salary: £38,296 with the opportunity to progress to a maximum of £42,503 pa
Hours: 37 per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
It’s an exciting time to join the new Resolution and Reconciliation Team in Hertfordshire as a Senior SEND Mediation/Tribunal Officer, to help make our vision of early resolution a reality!
The work of the Resolution and Reconciliation Team is spread across two main areas, appeals and resolution. We’re looking for flexible team members who can join us as we constantly respond to changing priorities. Appeals and Mediations are wide-ranging so there’s a lot of variety to being a Senior send Mediation/Tribunal Officer. The role requires excellent negotiation and influencing skills, close attention to detail, analytical skills, outstanding communication skills, teamwork and professionalism.
You will deliver complex casework for cases in SEND tribunal and represent the Local Authority at Mediations and Dispute Resolution Meetings. You will provide oversight, coordinate and lead complex casework for children and young people (0-25).
This is a fast-paced environment; you’ll need to be able to work under pressure and be extremely well organised, taking a pro-active approach to your workload.
- Significant knowledge of law and procedures governing the EHCP process including the Children and Families Act 2014, SEN Code of Practice 2014 and the Equalities Act 2010.
- 2-3 years’ experience of working in or aligned to SEND with an awareness of the services provided.
- Previous experience of working within complex systems and processes within the SEND Service.
- Previous experience of working with families or young people.
- Exceptional skills in building and maintaining relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, and ability to negotiate and influence.
- Excellent communication skills to deal with families, providing specialist advice in differing situations with empathy, and to communicate at different levels across the Service.
- Excellent organisation skills including an ability to work unsupervised, systematically and an ability to manage constraints and conflicting demands and work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills using verbal and written communication methods.
- They will have the experience and expertise to liaise with multi- disciplinary agencies, parents and carers.
- Understanding of the SEND Service’s political environment.
- Ability to plan and organise own work across weeks and months, with a clear understanding of how own work affects others across the SEND Service and more broadly with key partners.
Closing Date: Friday 9th December 2022
Interview Date: Friday 16th December 2022
Candidates could be based in any of our three county offices – Stevenage, Hertford or Hemel Hempstead.
If you are confident, have a flare for negotiation, can think on your feet and are solution focussed, we would love to hear from you!
For an informal discussion please contact: Hilary Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org