Help us deliver a great experience to our customers. And you will experience a great place to work.
The Look Out Discovery Centre is a very popular visitor attraction with a hands-on science and discovery exhibition, gift shop, coffee shop and play area, set in 1,000 hectares of Crown Estate woodlands. The Look Out Discovery Centre opens 7 days a week. Our aim is to make sure that our visitors have a safe, relaxing and enjoyable experience at all times, and the successful applicant will play a key role in achieving this.
Because we're Bracknell Forest
What it's like working in our team...
We care about our visitors and want to provide great customer service. Our Gift Shop team play a key role in helping ensure our customers enjoy their day out to The Look Out Discovery Centre. We enjoy interacting with our varied customer base making their visit fun and enjoyable as well as clean and safe.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- To be responsible for selling and displaying stock, serving and demonstrating goods to our customers, using the till and cashing up.
- To ensure a high standard of cleanliness within the gift shop and reception, and promote a quality service to the public.
- To promote an excellent image of the centre and its staff at all times.
- To work effectively as a member of a team.
- To have an understanding of other job roles within the centre and to be able to provide cover if/when required.
The benefits you will receive are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- The opportunity to engage with a variety of customers and deliver great customer care.
- You will get to work on the doorstep of the picturesque Swinley forest.
What we're looking for...
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable person, you will have an important role in keeping up the high standards and the smooth running of the Gift Shop and reception area. As part of your role you will get to interact with children and families to help ensure all our visitors have an exceptional experience.
This person would have a strong focus on customer service and the ability to deal with customers of all ages and backgrounds and to ensure that they have the best experience possible.
Interviews will be held w/c 12th December 2022
Want to ask us a question.
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Dean Potts, Duty Manager
Tel.: 01344 354405
As part of the Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.