Paid weeks per year: 47.15 (inclusive of holiday entitlement)
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 3.30pm
Start date: As soon as possible
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Nursery team for five mornings a week and support across the school in the afternoon.
Carden is a two form entry primary school with a nursery. The school is very inclusive and has a strong, caring ethos. The Governors would like to appoint a teaching assistant to work across the school.
About the role
The successful applicant will:-
- Support the pupils learning, physical, social, emotional and communication needs within the classroom and during social activities. This could include working in the Speech and Language Centre provision at Carden.
- Have a good knowledge and experience of the needs of children with Special Educational Needs such as ASC, Speech, Language and Communication difficulties and cognition and learning.
- Be able to work collaboratively as part of a team with professionals to maximise the pupils’ development and communication skills and deliver programmes to support the children’s needs.
- Be resilient and able to work independently, flexibly and use their own initiative to respond to the children’s needs
- Be committed to inclusion and have experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs.
We would offer you a very rewarding and enjoyable position in an exceptionally warm and friendly environment.
If you are interested in applying for this position and would like more information please contact the School Office. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. We really look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: Midday, 7th December
Interview date: Tuesday 13th December
Previous applicants need not apply.
How to apply: Completed applications form accepted by email/post direct to the school office: County Oak Avenue, Brighton, BN1 8LU, firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01273 916606
Brighton & Hove City Council is advertising on behalf of the school and is not the employer in this case.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.