Head of Care and Supported Housing - Homelessness & Mental Health Specialism
At Hightown, we`re a housing charity that builds homes and supports people. In Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire we provide high-quality care and support to adults with learning disabilities and mental health problems, those who are homeless and young people.
We are seeking to recruit a Head of Care and Supported Housing with demonstrable experience in delivering, developing & overseeing homelessness & mental health services. Business development & transformation is a key part of role, we are looking for someone who is dynamic, solution focused & able to encourage and nurture positive workplace culture.
Who we are looking for
We`re keen to recruit a Head of Care and Supported Housing who can help us ensure our workplace values are at the heart of everything we do. Our values are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
About the role
Part of the Senior Management Team, you will be responsible for the delivery of a range of high quality care and support services in your designated area, leading on engagement with commissioning authorities, strategic planning and overall governance. You`ll take ownership for implementing service improvements and will lead on tender submissions and empowering our operational staff within our schemes to deliver exceptional support to our service users. Given that the department supports a broad range of cohorts, Heads may be allocated to oversee alternative patch areas/cohorts depending on the needs of the business.
Do you have a can-do attitude and the desire to be the difference?
An experienced senior manager, you`ll be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to motivate, inspire and manage staff to achieve consistently high levels of performance.
- Experience in working in the sector, delivering new service models and presenting at a strategic level
- In-depth knowledge of existing and pending legislation to lead on the strategic direction of the department
- A track record of completing tender submissions and promoting inter-agency work with colleagues, families and external agencies.
- Excellent Communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you or you want to have an informal chat, please contact us on 01442 292300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year including bank holidays, rising with service
- £68,067 pa for a 35 hour week
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to employee health and wellbeing with the 5 Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Onsite gym
- Ability to work from home up to two days per week by agreement
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car use
Closing date: Sunday 8th January 2023
Interview date: To be confirmed
Please note that suitable candidates will be invited to interview throughout the application window and therefore the vacancy may close at short notice. However all candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application and therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.