Scargill Junior School
Hornchurch Academy Trust
Mungo Park Road
Tel: 01708 555677
Head of School: Mrs Helen Graham
Hours: Full Time
Grade: Main Scale 1-6
Start Date: As soon as possible
Scargill Junior School has a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated and engaging Class Teacher to join us (an interest in Art/Music would be advantageous but not essential). You will be joining an incredibly dedicated, caring and collaborative team.
In December 2019 we were delighted to be awarded another ‘Good’ grading from OFSTED; the report shared the fact that our pupils want to come our school because they find learning fun. This thrilled us as we endeavour to do exactly that; make learning fun.
Our school is within easy reach of the heart of London, it is a modern, light and airy building situated in pleasant grounds providing plenty of room for outdoor sports and activities. We pride ourselves in offering a huge range of exciting opportunities to challenge, support and encourage independence.
We welcome applications from NQTs and experienced teachers and we can provide excellent professional development opportunities not only within the school itself but also across the Hornchurch Academy Trust.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a graduate with QTS
- Has evidence of excellent practice as a classroom teacher
- Has high levels of success in teaching across KS2
- Has the highest expectations of pupils and themselves
- Is enthusiastic, imaginative and forward thinking
- Has the ability to inspire, motivate and engage children to achieve and succeed
- Is able to form positive relationships with children, staff and parents
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to help shape our future by joining the HAT academy
- A school community committed to raising achievement and attainment
- A friendly working environment with a strong community feel
- Excellent CPD opportunities and mentoring support from an experienced and supportive team of staff
- A supportive Leadership Team
- Enhanced opportunities for career development
Visits are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school for an appointment.
Please apply online
Closing date: Friday 16th December 2022
Interviews: Monday 19th December 2022