- Employer: Bracknell Forest Council
- Reference: JOB01341
- Published: Tue 29/11/2022, 2:50 AM
- Closing on: Mon 19/12/2022, 23:50 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £44,179 - £49,250 inclusive of London Weighting
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Time Square, Bracknell , Berkshire
Quality Assurance Officer - Adult Social Care
If you are interested in practice improvement, then this is the role for you!
Our Quality Assurance Officer role will provide you with the opportunity to become involved in strategic planning and activities towards supporting social work learning and development.
You will oversee and facilitate our auditing activities through our annual audit programme of work and play a key role in shaping how we strive to continuously be better at what we do.
We are highly aspirational in the work we do to support our vulnerable adults and your skills and knowledge as a social work practitioner will help enhance our audit work and add value to our practice improvement efforts.
We recognise this is a unique role. As such you will benefit from a strong induction plan and will have direct support and guidance from the Head of Quality Assurance.
What it's like working in our team…
The Quality Assurance Officer is based within the Commissioning Service and is part of a small team of experienced social work managers and experienced support staff. We work closely with Adult Social Care to deliver our functions.
We know that social work, whilst rewarding, is not always easy. We favour a relational approach in all that we do, and endeavour to provided consistency of service to the vulnerable adults we support, and strong working relationships with social work colleagues in Adult Social Care and external partners.
To support high quality consistent practice, we have a regular and comprehensive learning and development offer as well as sourcing bespoke training for the Quality Assurance team.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Overall implementation of our Quality Assurance Framework to evidence continuous improvement
- To support the Head of Service to deliver the annual audit programme
- Co-ordinate and facilitate forums with senior managers to progress the audit programme
- Engage with social work teams to implement actions from audits
- Facilitate and manage Learning Events
- Work closely with the Principal Social Worker on our practice improvement work
- Work closely with internal colleagues and multi agency partners on practice improvement activities
- Write regular reports on audit activities, outcomes and learnings
- Attend and contribute to quality assurance forums locally and regionally
- Contribute to inspection activities
- To stay up to date with legislation and statutory requirements
The benefits you will experience are…
- An inclusive social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
- Social Work England registration fees can be claimed back from the Council.
What we're looking for…
You must be a qualified social worker with experience in Adult Social Care and who values relationships with colleagues internally and externally. You must have a sound knowledge of the Care Act 2014 and related legislation.
The right candidate will bring an in-depth knowledge of what works for vulnerable adults and what good looks like in practice. They will also be able to use a broad range of information such as statistical data, audit information, research evidence, feedback from families and the voice of the vulnerable adult to understand the collective impact of the teams.
Ideally you will have experience of audit work but at minimum have excellent knowledge of the operational practice in Adult Social Care and what Good practice looks like.
Date to be confirmed
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Kogie Perumall, Head of Quality Assurance; Phone Number: 01344352767
As part of the Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate experience of working within the current Social Care System and Framework.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.