We aim to help our most vulnerable residents to get their lives firmly on track.
We strive to we change lives for the better.
We want to help our most vulnerable residents to get their lives firmly on track. It's why our social workers have the time to get to know everyone they work with. And we do what we think should be done, not just what needs to be done. Put simply, we change lives for the better.
Because we are Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
Our role is to provide advice, information, support and care to people with diagnosed memory problems and people with mental health needs who are in need of a social care. The role is to help to coordinate the resources at hand to identify people with longer term support, to deliver short term interventions utilising strength bases assessment and community assets. We are proud to be advocating a good life at home and we aim to help people remain independent as long as it is safe and possible.
Our focus is not only on those who are deemed eligible through the Care Act 2014, but to connect people to their communities and social networks and to problem solve together.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- To work as a Senior Social Worker as part of a multi-disciplinary team, connecting people and their families to their community/social network enabling them to live within their own communities and reduce dependence on long term care.
- To ensure that the social care needs of people are met, within the eligibility criteria of the department, by working in partnership with people who use the service, their carers, professionals and other agencies, and service providers.
- To support in delivering and maintaining high standards of performance ensuring continuous development and supporting people to fulfil their roles to maximum effectiveness within allocated resources.
- Take responsibility for own learning, including mandatory and suggested training, and the training of students and identified staff.
- Take an active part in your own supervision and appraisal and to supervise and appraise allocated staff in accordance with the departmental supervision policy and council's appraisal policy.
- To take a departmental or team lead within a specified area of work as required.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and friendly working environment
- Flexible working opportunities.
- Agile working "from home and in the community" supported by up to date IT kit
- A great office location with free car parking.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- Essential car user allowance and London Weighting
- Generous annual leave entitlement (increases after 3 years)
What we're looking for...
We're seeking an experienced, registered Social Worker, preferably with previous senior experience or a strong desire to provide leadership, guidance and adherence within the legal parameters of the role. This role is for a period up to one year. You must be committed to supporting staff, to have previous experience of providing supervision, ensuring high standards of practice and a good understanding of the Care Act 2014 to help to enable people to be connected to their community/social network and safeguarded from harm.
Interviews will be held on 23rd and 27th January 2023
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Vicki Brown, Assistant Team Manager
Tel.: 01344 823220
As part of the Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate experience of working within the current Social Care System and Framework.
Social Work England registration fees can be claimed back from the Council.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.