- Employer: Bracknell Forest Schools
- Reference: Sec/22/221234
- Published: Mon 05/12/2022, 12:02 PM
- Closing on: Fri 30/06/2023, 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Part Time
- Hours: To be confirmed
- Salary: Teacher Pay Scales
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Bracknell Forest Schools, Berkshire
Secondary Early Career Teachers
Are you currently training to become a teacher? We have outstanding opportunities for you to start your career in our great schools providing excellent professional development and support in your induction years and beyond.
We are a small, innovative local authority that offers early career teachers exceptional career choices in our maintained schools and academies. We recognise that to invest in you is essential to the young learners you teach.
You will follow a managed induction programme supported by your personal mentor, to encourage you to reach your full potential throughout your career.
Our schools look for individuals who have the ability and imagination to inspire and challenge the children they teach to energise them to achieve their potential.
We recognise that to invest in you is essential to the young learners you teach.
What we offer:
Our well-resourced schools provide the setting for you to flourish and develop, and can offer:
- training developed in line with changing requirements and feedback from previous ECTs to form structured, professional but fun sessions enabling interaction and the ability to network with other ECTs.
- excellent and ongoing support and training at the start of your teaching career and into subsequent years, including courses for those who aspire to and are recognised in their own school as potential leaders.
- the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues from other schools in Bracknell Forest
Unlike with some agency placements, as an employee of a Bracknell Forest maintained school you receive pay in line with Teacher’s National Pay Conditions, this includes:
- London Weighting (fringe)
- Pay throughout school holidays
- Sick pay/maternity pay
- Pension scheme
- Option for July start for some ECTs
- Flexible staff benefits scheme including childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme including lifestyle savings
- Student loan repayments/Enhanced early career payment for certain secondary subjects
Bracknell Forest runs an online application pool system for secondary school applicants. Your details are circulated to the Headteachers at our secondary schools and schools interested in your application will contact you with suitable vacancy details and invite you for a school visit and interview. We will continue to match your application to school vacancies until you find a post which suits you.
ECT Recruitment - Bracknell Forest Council - Time Square, Market Street, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1JD - Tel: 01344 354005
How to Apply
How to Apply - Only applications received on Bracknell Forest application forms will be considered.
Safeguarding Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people. This position requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check because it involves contact with (or access to data concerning) children.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. If you are successful in being shortlisted for this position, you will be required to complete a self-declaration formTo find out more about the application process for working with children, young people and adults at risk visit https://www.bracknell-forest.gov.uk/jobs/policies-relating-job-applications/applications-work-those-risk
The Bracknell Forest Safeguarding Board (BFSB) oversees the safety and well-being of children in Bracknell Forest - https://bracknellforestsafeguarding.org.uk/
Equal Opportunities - We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to providing equality of opportunity to all. Our aim is to treat all employees and prospective employees with integrity, respect and consideration.
Disability - We are a Disability Symbol User and as such have made a commitment to guarantee an interview to all applicants with a disability who meet the essential criteria of the person specification.
Pre–employment medical check - As a condition of the Offer of Employment, the successful applicant will be asked to complete an Occupational Health questionnaire form.
References - On your application form you will be asked to provide the names and addresses of two people who will provide a reference. At least one must be from your current employer, completed by a suitable person with appropriate authority. We take up references for all shortlisted candidates and wherever possible we like to apply for these prior to interview.
Employment - Please note that for those planning to come to work in the UK on a work visa, this role is not eligible for sponsorship
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.