Welwyn Garden City
Permanent, Full Time (37.5 hpw)
Salary up to circa £37,273 per annum (depending on experience) plus van and great benefits
Delivering a reliable repairs service. That’s when it hits home
Are you an experienced Gas Engineer, looking for a new role with a great employer? Then join us at Home Group Repairs Partnership and be part of our brand-new Repairs and Maintenance Partnership team. You’ll be carrying out high quality, right first-time gas servicing and maintenance across responsive, void properties and compliance works. And we really are great! 5th best place to work in the UK in fact!
You'll be a multi skilled Gas Engineer, ensuring that all your allocated jobs are completed ‘right first time’ with a whole job repair approach, providing a brilliant service for our customers. You'll carry out servicing, repairs and installation of domestic gas appliances, ensuring safety and compliance. You'll be willing to multi-skill to improve first time fix's and prevent multiple visits to customers’ homes.
Oh, did we mention that we’re also 9th for “Best Super Large organisations for Wellbeing”, in Stonewall’s Top 100 employers and we grow our own colleagues (not literally of course!). So, when you are ready for the next step in your career or just want to be even more brilliant at what you do, you can grow with us!
What you'll bring
- You’ll have a City and Guilds, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification in plumbing and heating.
- ACS accredited in CCN1, HTR1, CKR1, CPA1 and CENWAT.
- You’ll have experience of undertaking gas and heating works in a domestic maintenance environment.
- Fault-finding experience and knowledge to ensure gas servicing and repairs are diagnosed and effectively repaired.
- You’ll have experience in other building trade areas (multi skilled) with relevant experience/training.
- A flexible approach, able to use own initiative and judgement.
- Able to use technology for logging jobs, complete online learning and collaborating with other colleagues.
Our Gas Engineers need to have a basic DBS Check under the Disclosure and Barring Service. The great news is that we will pay for this to be done.
What’s on offer?
- Company vehicle for business use and commuting
- Your jobs will be scheduled so you know exactly where you need to be
- 33 days annual leave rising to 38 days (inc bank holidays) with the option to buy 5 more
- Generous pension scheme with life insurance
- Occupational health checks to make sure you’re always at your best
- Great training opportunities (induction package and training / development)
- ‘Me Time’ day off each year for those important moments in life such as moving house, wedding, attending child's school play.
- Salary sacrifice scheme to get yourself a new car or laptop
- High street rewards and discounts at over 800 businesses, shopping, holidays, days out plus more
- And lots more here - our benefits and rewards!
Where you’ll do your job
You’ll work across our customers homes in Hertfordshire and Essex. We cover North, North-West and North-East London too. Our office base is Welwyn Garden City.
Working 5 days per week, you may also be asked to take part in our out of hours service on a rota with your colleagues with an additional on call payment.
More about this job
If you’re not reading this advert on our job pages, press the APPLY NOW button to access lots of useful stuff! You can download our Gas Engineer Job Description and find out more about Home Group.
Applying for this job
Don’t delay applying for this brilliant job, as we may close it early if we get lots of applications! Just upload your CV and if you have one, your covering letter (this will help us learn more about you!). If you need them, we’ve also got some great templates to help you. Do let us know if you’d like us to make any adjustments to support you in your application.
Be yourself at Home
Home Group is committed to tackling prejudice and discrimination, not just for our customers, but for our colleagues too! We’re super proud of our internal Diversity Networks and allies (Multicultural, LGBTQIA+ and Disability) which support colleagues from different backgrounds to be their true selves. We recognise and celebrate our differences, together we make Home Group a great place to work!
Work base: 2 Falcon Gate Shire Park, Welwyn Garden City AL7 1TW