- Employer: Birmingham Children's Trust
- Reference: BCT/22/221835
- Published: Tue 06/12/2022, 16:36 PM
- Closing on: Fri 31/03/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours
- Hours: We ask for volunteers to see their young person once a month and these hours are based flexibly around your availability and theirs
- Salary: Expenses are paid to cover activities and travel
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Community Based within and outside of Birmingham, Birmingham
Independent Visitor- Volunteer Befriending Role
We have exciting Volunteer opportunities for the right people who wants to make a difference to children in care through our Befriending Service known as Independent Visiting.
Anyone can be an Independent Visitor (IV) as long as you are over 18. No qualifications are necessary, however full training is given. We ask for a monthly commitment for a minimum of 12-18 months, where you get to build a friendship, take a young person out and have fun. Volunteer travel expenses and activity costs are covered too.
When you see your young person can be flexible, based on your availability and theirs. We need IVs who will visit in Birmingham, we also need some IVs who would prepared to go outside the city too as some of our children and young people live outside of Birmingham, in different parts of the midlands and the UK.
You cannot be an IV if you are an elected member in Birmingham or working in a social care role for Birmingham Children's Trust.
If you are interested in becoming an Independent Visitor please apply today.
For more information you can also email:email@example.com