This is an opportunity to be part of a busy Planning Policy team within the Sustainable Growth Directorate at the County Council. You will be responsible for working on a wide variety of projects that will help deliver the Council’s Minerals and Waste Local Plan, as well as other statutory Local Development Documents. The role is predominantly remote working however office space is available if required.
Purpose of Role
You will primarily be working on the production of the Minerals and Waste Local Plan, formulating policies and drafting associated evidence base documents and other statutory Local Development Documents. You will also be cooperating with District and Borough Councils, neighbouring Minerals and Waste Planning Authorities and other relevant stakeholders on strategic matters relating to minerals and waste management development.
Challenges and Opportunities
This is an exciting and busy time for the Minerals and Waste Planning and Policy Team. Building on the success of previous work, we are preparing a new Minerals and Waste Local Plan, which will ensure sufficient mineral to meet the county’s needs, and sufficient waste management capacity to deal with the county’s waste. We have recently consulted on our Draft Plan and are progressing towards our Proposed Submission Draft.
What you’ll bring:
• A Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Masters Degree in Town Planning or a related subject (e.g. Geography or Environmental Science) or equivalent relevant experience (minimum 2 years)
• A collaborative approach to working with colleagues, other teams and wider organisations
• An ability to confidently and independently represent the Minerals and Waste Planning Authority at internal and external meetings and other fora
• Experience of report writing and managing and delivering projects efficiently, on time and in a highly organised manner
• Experience of using relevant IT systems such as MS Office / Office 365 and GIS
• Attention to detail and the ability to work on discrete projects with minimal guidance
• A keen interest in problem solving and thinking outside the box
You may currently be working as a Policy Planner and looking to further your career, or you might be working in Development Management or the private sector and looking for a new challenge. If you understand the plan-making process, have drive and enthusiasm, are able to work on discrete projects to tight deadlines, and have a desire to learn and adapt to change, then please get in touch. This is a Senior Level role, however applicants with less experience may be considered for a Level 9 post (Planning Officer: £30,151 to £32,909 with Market Enhanced Pay up to £3,389).
Interview Date: Week Commencing 13/02/2023
For an informal discussion please contact: Christopher Stanek (Team Leader Minerals & Waste Planning & Policy) on 01992 658398 or email email@example.com