- Employer: Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council
- Reference: CSC/22/223114
- Published: Tue 20/12/2022, 8:54 AM
- Closing on: Sun 30/04/2023, 23:54 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
- Salary: Grade H or I (H SCP 26 - 30 £32,909 to £36,298) or (I SCP 31 - 35 £37,261 - £41,496 pa. Salary will be dependent upon experience. Salary plus a £3,000 'Golden Hello' payment in addition to £2000 'Market Supplement' may apply, see below.
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Bootle, Merseyside
Social Worker & Senior Social Worker - Young Peoples Teams
Social Worker and Senior Social Worker – Young Peoples Teams
£3,000 'Golden Hello' payment to qualified Children’s Social Workers (not ASYEs). This ‘Golden Hello’ incentive is applicable to all new employees who are successful in their application for permanent Social Worker vacancies in all teams across Children’s Social Care.
In addition a £2,000 'Market Supplement' will apply for these roles within young peoples Teams. Terms and conditions will apply.
To find out more about our 'Golden Hello' and 'Market Supplement' scheme, please click here.
Sefton Young Peoples Team Are you ready to #MakeADifference?
To find out more about what it's like to work in Sefton's Children's Services and how you can help us #MakeADifference, head to our website.
Sefton is a diverse and exciting local authority that is on a journey of aspiration and ambition as it works towards delivering its exciting Sefton 2030 Vision. This journey is shared with our partners and communities as we strive to ensure Sefton is a confident and connected Borough.
This is an exciting time to come and work with us. We want to hear from people who possess drive and passion. We need committed Social Workers to support our development, improvement plans and ultimately outcomes for children, young people, and their families.
We have several opportunities within our Young Peoples Teams for experienced Senior Social Workers. We have high aspirations for every child we look after. Our aim is to ensure permanence for children and young people in stable placements, positive relationships with family and friends and consideration of reunification with family whenever possible. Working closely with children and young people, their parents, family members, carers, education, and health providers to ensure the needs and views of our children and young people are well understood and promoted. You will work with children and young people up to the age of 13; ensuring smooth transitions to our Adolescent teams who will work to ensure our young people acquire the necessary independence skills and stability to support them into adulthood.
Our committed managers will support you to ensure your practice is child centred and achieves positive outcomes; supporting you and your team when you need it; ensuring you are clear of expectations and able to do your best work.
As Corporate Parents we want to ensure every child is happy, heard, healthy and achieving; for our children and young people to enjoy the best possible quality of life and experience as many opportunities as possible. If you feel you can #MakeADifference – Come to Sefton and help us achieve our vision.
What we require from you
- Social Work Degree or equivalent Social Work Qualification
- Current registration with Social Work England (or if a social work student, clear date for registration)
- High aspirations for children and young people and a clear understanding of Corporate Parenting Principles
- Knowledge of child development and family dynamics
- Knowledge of childcare legislation, statutory guidance and best practice research and the ability to prepare analytical, timely reports and statements for Court
- Knowledge of the Assessment Framework and ability to assess risk and need
- Ability to manage your own caseload with appropriate support, guidance, and supervision
- Ability to make child centred, complex decisions, using evidence-based tools and analysis
- Ability to understand and demonstrate a commitment to equality and diversity
- Ability to effectively undertake partnership working with children, young people, and families and complete child centred direct work
- Commitment to your own personal development and professional growth
Our offer to you
If you join our Corporate Parenting Service, you can expect to receive the following:
- To be part of an established, caring, and welcoming team
- Manageable caseloads
- Access to good quality, monthly, reflective supervision
- A comprehensive induction programme
- A wide variety of career progression routes bespoke to individual training and development needs as identified in annual PDRs
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Partnership with Research in Practice, providing access to online webinars, podcasts and materials linked to the latest research and policy updates to support your CPD and inform evidence-based reports
- 27 days annual leave rising to 32 days with 5 years continual service and 8 bank holidays
- Enhanced sick pay scheme, maternity/adoption leave pay and maternity support leave
- Opportunities for agile/flexible working
- Access to free eye tests and where appropriate, contribution towards spectacles
- Discounted gym membership with all Active Sefton gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to local benefits and discounts on products and services
- Occupational Health Service available to advise on work related health issues.
- Commitment to supporting your emotional and mental health with access to a free and confidential employee counselling service
- Relocation packages as appropriate
So now you’ve heard all about us, we would love to hear about you! If you would like to have an informal chat about any of our available posts, please contact Team Manager – Adele Cuff-Keenan 0773096565.
APPLICATION FORMS WILL BE MONITORED AND INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD THROUGHOUT THE ADVERTISING PERIOD
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s (unless specified on the advert).
Please fully complete the online application form.
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.